Backward Compatibility

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 10 comments

Which GT titles would you want most to play again on PS4? (You can choose more then one)

• Total voters
Croatia
Zagreb
johnwalter1044
I know that we probably won't get every previous GT title on PS4,
but Gran Turismo 4 and Tourist Trophy would be awesome to have.

I want to play the GT4 and TT, but i don't have them or the PS2 anymore.
And since the upcoming GT Sport and GT7 are coming to PS4, i have
4 reasons to buy the PS4.

What do you all think?

I'm pretty sure you forgot GT5.
Yeah, that was on purpose, because GT5 is still a mostly fresh game, and having it on PS4 isn't really
necessary. PS3 console and GT5 game copies can still be bought today.

The older consoles and titles not so much.

So far we can easily play them on PS3 (althought i have working PS1 and PS2 too), but i dont like Sony cancelled their backwards compatibility for PS1 (PS2) in its PS4.
I think its because they can re-release some games online.
But for Gran Turismo with its old licences this will never be the case, so it is one of the things i hate about PS4.

Do you think PS4 has enough power to software emulate PS2 CPU+GPU? I heard that it has crazy complicated architecture. Some of the fat PS3s could do software emulation, but it did not work for 100% games.

Ooh, I was just posting in another thread about how TT needs a sequel. Something new built on the GT7 engine would heat up my credit card - still a PS3 user here. I believe the first game was built on the GT3 or 4 engine. Heck, I'd buy a TT sequel even if they just had junior programmers lay it over the GT6 engine.

All that said, it's absurd that TT isn't in the PS2 Classics section of the PlayStation store right now.

I know that we probably won't get every previous GT title on PS4,
but Gran Turismo 4 and Tourist Trophy would be awesome to have.

I want to play the GT4 and TT, but i don't have them or the PS2 anymore.
And since the upcoming GT Sport and GT7 are coming to PS4, i have
4 reasons to buy the PS4.

What do you all think?
BTW you can write all theese games on Sony's Twitter so they can add it on the PSN so just saying that you can send them this thread so they can read it and ****.

I want all the WRC games,The Italian Job:L.A. Heist,Speed Challange,RR3(Formula Racing game) and many many others. I will write them again sometime later

Do you think PS4 has enough power to software emulate PS2 CPU+GPU?
It absolutely does. That's all the last generation PS2 Classics were, and they ran as such no matter what PS3 you played them on.

But as far as rereleasing games that have hundreds of licenced vehicles, some of which from companies that no longer exist, and dozens of licenced music tracks? Sony had a hard enough time getting all of the GT4 cars into GTPSP.

Yes, nonexisting companies (i.e. Vector i think) should be erased from the game (which costs money too) or the game wont be re-released at all.
And there comes the importancy of backwards compatibility. (which of course doesnt create ''new'' income for Sony, rather than that it costs money to code software solutions).

For a corporation like Sony, the PS1/PS2/PS3 Classics digital re-releasing is the best choice to make new money for a lowest possible effort and expenses.

note.
I hope you understant my complicated essay in bad english :D

Note 2
Albeit i have a fully functioning PS1 and PS2 i partially solved the backwards compatibility problem by buying a debugging version PS3 which can play any region PS1/2 games. Because it has Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer inside. And i can more easily record my playing. (i didnt try it yet, but on normal PS3 it is easy to record it. Debug PS3 also have an option to turn off HDCP).
And many debug options which i havent touched yet.

Back