backwards on the 'ring?

  • Thread starter Thread starter doormeister
  • 25 comments
  • 1,441 views
Messages
58
Anybody try this? I saw a lot of things I don't normally see in the forward direction. Loads of fun actually, and I took the time to peek through the fence at the portion of track we hope will be in GT5. Is that a big Coke can just on the other side of the fence? Too bad the game won't do reverse times.
 
Actually I never even thought about going backwards. Interesting though since you get another perspective. Coke can? I gotta check that out!
 
wow....amazing. i've been playing this game forever and it never crossed my mind either. thanks for the tip, i'll be having fun all night tonight when i get home from work. 👍
 
doormeister
Is that a big Coke can just on the other side of the fence?
I think thats a fire extinguisher.
 
I've always done Laguna Seca backwards (to do the corkscrew backwards), but I'm wondering why I never done the Ring backwards.

Thanks for the idea.
 
Layzie
I've always done Laguna Seca backwards (to do the corkscrew backwards), but I'm wondering why I never done the Ring backwards.

wow i cant believe i never thought of doing Laguna Seca backwards, sweet :drool:
 
All of the circuits in GT4 have races in only one direction:
Circuit de la Sarthe I & II
Fuji 2005 F & GT, 80s and 90s
Infineon Sports & Stock Car Courses
Laguna Seca
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Suzuka & Suzuka East
Tsukuba
All the Twin Ring Motegi courses​
You could get very carried away if you wanted to.
 
Ezz777
How about the west course?
Well, as far as I know there are no races in either direction there - perhaps Family Cup?

I had not thought of Family Cup - can the other circuits be raced in reverse there?
 
You can only go one direction on any of the world circuits. I might need to try the 'ring in reverse. I did Laguna Seca once in reverse, which going up the corkscrew was kind of fun. :p
 
Well, the ring IS a public road... :lol: ...be nice to do backwards in a Track Meet... errh... can you do a track meet on the ring?
 
its a nice change of scenery from the monotonous clockwise ring experience..ran an 8:32 with an M3, racing exhaust and racing suspension on N2s (crashed at Karussell)... just reverse at the start until the timer starts and then pause the game right when you touch the finish line, and there you go...
 
I have done the long straight after Tiergarten backwards up to the beginning of Dottinger Hohe before, although I have never done the whole ring backwards. I like that idea though, I should do it sometime soon.
 
Its hard enough to learn going the correct way. The only time I will ever go backwards here is in reverse gear after a 180 spin.
 
Hmmm... looks like fodder for a Spot Race Comparison.... :lol:
 
When the BMW 1 Series GT4 demo came out (months before GT4 itself was released), we got our first taste of the Nurburgring,albeit in a 1 series :yuck:

Unfortunately, the demo was time limited to just 3 minutes (unless your name was Amar212 :sly: ), hence you could only drive about 1/3 of the circuit... :grumpy: But, if you didn't mind the flashing no-entry sign, you could drive the last 1/3 of the circuit in the reverse direction :dopey: So I'm quite a dab hand at the last section in the reverse direction (even though most of it is straight :rolleyes: )...
 
just tried in my '96 impreza, i was doing ok until the very end, where i entered the pit exit :yuck:
 
niky
Well, the ring IS a public road... :lol: ...be nice to do backwards in a Track Meet... errh... can you do a track meet on the ring?

Errrrrrr, rather you than me to try that one out in real life, after all it is a one way road. What a place to get booked by the German police for goingthe wrong way on a one way road!!! Still here in the UK we tend to get at least one news story a month about someone going the wrong way up a motorway. Fortunatly the police manage to stop most of them before any harm is done.

Wrong way on the M4 motorway

Touring Mars
When the BMW 1 Series GT4 demo came out (months before GT4 itself was released), we got our first taste of the Nurburgring,albeit in a 1 series

Unfortunately, the demo was time limited to just 3 minutes (unless your name was Amar212 ), hence you could only drive about 1/3 of the circuit... But, if you didn't mind the flashing no-entry sign, you could drive the last 1/3 of the circuit in the reverse direction So I'm quite a dab hand at the last section in the reverse direction (even though most of it is straight )...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person to have done this, bizzare thing is I have never tried it on the full 'ring in GT4.

Its also worth noting that Enthusia does have the 'ring in reverse, with races held on it. Real pain when it first throws that one at you. "Oh nice a race at the 'ring, this should be good", you say to yourself; the race starts and its then a case of "what the !!!!, its all backwards, NO NO NO", crash (a lot) and lose in a horriable way.


Regards

Scaff
 
It's a wonder GT4 doesn't have reverse races on the 'ring and Sarthe... would've added a lot to the gameplay... but then people would've had a mind to compare that to real-life...
 
It's interesting going backwards around the ring, a lot of sections that seem to be flat turn out to have somewhat more of an incline that expected.
 
The Nordschleife is used in reverse for one stage of the Köln-Ahrweiler Rally.
 
enthusia has the nordschleife reverse as a course. its fun against opponents.
 
It's funny that nobody (well, most of us) got he idea to run the 'Ring backwards. I guess it's quite enough to learn every single brake-point the forward-way.. I haven't had the time to try it yet but I can't wait! I mean, the carousell being a right turn?!?!! OMG
 
Back