Bad Boys II

  • Thread starter Thread starter Solid Lifters
  • 24 comments
  • 1,073 views

Solid Lifters

In Memoriam
Messages
19,310
United States
Inland Empire SoCal
Messages
SOLID_LIFTERS
I just saw a clip of the movie and it looks great! Any chance it could be the hit of the summer?

:D
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
I just saw a clip of the movie and it looks great! Any chance it could be the hit of the summer?

:D
I saw the previews to it. I'm going to see it when it comes out...
 
Also saw the previews, looks like a pi$$er
 
There is no doubt it will be a hit. One of the summers biggest. I am going.
 
Of course it will be. Expensive lifestyles no one can really afford. Lots of explosions. Bad rap. Exotic cars getting wrecked. The inevitable bikini chicks. How can it possibly fail to make money?

I hate Martin Lawrence. He's probably the absolute least-funny "comedian" to ever make it big. It pains me to see Will Smith - who I actually like - sharing the bill with him.
 
That scenario reminds me of 48 hours. In the first movie, Nick Nolte was the established actor, and Eddie Murphy was the up and comer. When "Another 48 hours" came out, Eddie Murphy was holding his own, and Nolte was approaching "Has been" status.

Same could be said for Lawrence and Smith.

I'm certain this movie will make money, for all the reasons that Duke has listed. I'll likely skip this one, simply because I've seen enough Action movies this summer.

AO
 
It sounds like to me you guys try to analyze movies too much. I did that my self once, but I realized I did not enjoy the movie as much if I just sat back and watched it.

Martin Lawrence is not funny to you neon? I think your :crazy: ! I think he is hilariuos! So I guess you didn't catch "Black Knight" huh?:lol:

Oh well, different strokes for different folks.:D
 
Over analyze? rarely, if ever do I do that to a movie. I can certainly suspend disbelief to watch a movie, but it has to have something more than short skirts, fast cars and explosions. Plot is more than 3 lines.

Two buddy cops team up again to bust soem drug dealers in fast cars. Let's show lots of tight bikini's and fast cars. Then we'll blow stuff up and show the buddies getting back with their families for a happy ending.

How about this, sit down and watch the moive "A Simple Plan" with Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thorton and Bridget Fonda. Then tell me what a good movie can do with a plot.

AO
 
Originally posted by KaMpEr
i wanna see this mov so bad, bad boyz 4 life
I rest my case.
 
Saw it tonight....AWESOME AWESOME movie. The action scenes are incredible, car scenes rock. its worth the 8 bucks alone to hear the sound of that ferrari coming out of all the speakers in the theater. Its also funny as hell too, i was laughin my ass off the whole time. a LOT more gore than the first one too (lots of peoples heads being blown off) Not as many chicks in bikini's as one might hope for, in fact very little actually. but all in all definently a must see. Its about 2 and half hours long too so be prepared. haha
 
I notice you didn't mention the plot?

[edit]blimey, I wasted my 2000 post on this one... Arrgh![/edit]

AO
 
Speaking of plot, just saw 'Adaptation' (on DVD, of course). Fantastic film, Cage was brilliant, playing the Kaufman twins. I wasn't a big fan of his, but he plays it so well that in playing the twins, you can instantly tell which twin it is, even if he hasn't spoken, even though they physically look the same (heh... obviously).
 
Originally posted by Der Alta
I notice you didn't mention the plot?


Meh, its an action movie, w/ a strong emphasis on ACTION in this one. There may have been a plot, but i was too busy going...OOO, AHHH, WOW! If youre really looking for an intellectually stimulating movie youre in the wrong place. I definently stand by my claim that its one of the best movies ive seen in a LONG time tho.
 
Originally posted by IDAFC21
Meh, its an action movie, w/ a strong emphasis on ACTION in this one. There may have been a plot, but i was too busy going...OOO, AHHH, WOW! If youre really looking for an intellectually stimulating movie youre in the wrong place. I definently stand by my claim that its one of the best movies ive seen in a LONG time tho.

I agree it had a great blend of action and humor. One of the funiest movies I have seen in a while! :eek: that car chase scene was bad ass! and all of the explosions and stuff.....lol....the KKK meeting thing was so damn funny....there are not very many films that can mix humor and peoples heads geting blown off and make it work but this one does....:yuck: those peoples brains flying out the back of their heads when they get shot....and that hummer chase through cuba was funny! so was the pool thing with the dog! overall I thought this movie was great and that martin lawrence and will smith did a great job!
 
Originally posted by Der Alta
Over analyze? rarely, if ever do I do that to a movie. I can certainly suspend disbelief to watch a movie, but it has to have something more than short skirts, fast cars and explosions. Plot is more than 3 lines.
AO
are u retarted?the best kind of movies are ones with non-stop action,fast cars and explosions!
 
I saw this movie last night. I thought it was really awesome. :D
 
i saw about 5 min of it waiting for the guard of american wedding to leave.
 
simply hilarious.
especially the part where they were in the tv selling place. :lol:
 
...:lol:
"you popped me from behind!" --martin
:eek: --peeps inside the tv place.
 
Back