Bad internet force field!!

Have you been hit by this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get this? I get within 10 feet of car and they go flying resulting in no sr drop for me! It's great but angers most people as they think I've divebomb them or are some kind of hacker lol the ones that do understand tell me to get better internet lol do people understand that good internet isn't available everywhere in the world just like a cell signal? I'm sure I pay more for my internet then most because of the rural area I live in and the satellite cost, so I don't really care as I am entitled to play the game I paid for just like everyone else. Anyways was just wondering if anyone else has this benefit as i find it very joyful and usefull lol I'm dr b and sr a at the moment but am climbing quickly!! Hope to see you all out their

I have noticed it when my wife turns on the microwave dropping my wifi connection to 1 bar.

The net code sucks with it's dumb linear extrapolation and reckless resets. I always fear for the worst when I start in between two yellow or worse connections. Plus it's so distracting following a car that takes corners in a saw tooth pattern. Do not attempt to overtake on the outside, it's suicide.

Just curious, how much do you pay for your internet?

I doubt you're paying 80euros/100USD

The issue is simple, your current internet is not fast enough to support online gaming, your current connection is not a broadband connection otherwise you wouldn't have these issues.

1) never, ever use wifi for online gaming - it's always slower than gaming via an Ethernet cable.

2) if you do use wifi, make sure your direct environment does not have any TL-lights on the ceiling (they seriously mess up/jam wifi networks).

80 cad a month for every 60 gb used from satellite provider xplornet and 100 cad for 20 gb a month from bell that works off of a data hotspot like your cellphone. Satellite is very unstable even with direct connection to router and the hotspot works better but only on off peak hours like midnight to 5 am which is not very convenient. It is are only two options unless you have the money too literally put a 80 foot tower on your property which needs permits also... and both the ones I have require almost perfect weather which is not often in Canadian winter

Also use a d-link to run Ethernet threw are power lines so can have a direct connection in every room. I Am curious about the commercials I've been seeing about them using commercial airplanes as satellites for internet connection everywhere but doubt it would be much better. Fiber optic is available a couple hours south but do not see it coming to area anytime soon as we are still on well water and no sewage lol and I'm not in the middle of woods in an igloo I swear.

I love when I'm the beneficiary of this in dirty racing rooms.

That was some Star Wars stuff lmao I haven't been that lucky but shoot that made me laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not "great" at all when your race is ruined because of it. I sympathize with your internet issues, but IMO anyone who has a sustained 1-2 bar connection should be automatically ejected from Sport races. Teleporting drivers are effectively a road hazard to everyone else. We shouldn't have to suffer for someone's bad connection.

It's not "great" at all when your race is ruined because of it. I sympathize with your internet issues, but IMO anyone who has a sustained 1-2 bar connection should be automatically ejected from Sport races. Teleporting drivers are effectively a road hazard to everyone else. We shouldn't have to suffer for someone's bad connection.
How about ghosting them first? It has its flaws but better than instant ejection

Reactions: yas
I think people with bad internet shouldn't play online games because it spoils it for others..I pay for a good service it's 350mb down and 20mb up

Yes I feel the majority have to be catered for. One bad connection can ruin the racing for everyone else, it's near impossible to race them when their car is teleporting all around the track, even backwards at times.

The problem is some countries are at massive disadvantage here if you kick poor connections (Russia, South Africa and other African or Arabic countries on the EU server for instance), due to the sheer distance involved all these players likely have a poor connection (even when it's actually quite good) for racing against others and will be harshly penalized for it by a kick.

Then again right now they do have an advantage due to their 1 red bar connection and that's not right either. It's a tough one if Sony/PD don't add more localised servers, which they likely won't.

I think people with bad internet shouldn't play online games because it spoils it for others..I pay for a good service it's 350mb down and 20mb up
That's rather discriminatory. I'm sorry our country can't provide us with decent connections even if we'd pay for it.

Upload and download speed has nothing to do with all these.You can cause zero problems in most online games with 10 down and 4 up.
Lag is all about a stable (or not) connection,packet loss and ping.Most of "competitive online" games do not accept people with laggy connections because it gives unfair advantage to the lagger and ruin the game for all others.
Being "sorry" for your bad internet is not gonna cut it.That only states the fact that your unfair advantage is not done in purpuse (lag switch or other net manipulation).Still the problem remains and its in your end.So you need to find ways to improve your connection with other players.PD needs to make sure that people with bad internet cannot ruin the game for all others.

That's rather discriminatory. I'm sorry our country can't provide us with decent connections even if we'd pay for it.
All the people with bad internet should be put in there own race that would be fun to watch

I have noticed it when my wife turns on the microwave dropping my wifi connection to 1 bar.

The net code sucks with it's dumb linear extrapolation and reckless resets. I always fear for the worst when I start in between two yellow or worse connections. Plus it's so distracting following a car that takes corners in a saw tooth pattern. Do not attempt to overtake on the outside, it's suicide.
You should teach your wife to cook properly ;)

It's a tricky one. I understand that people with bad internet connections shouldn't be excluded, however in an online game like this they have an incredibly irksome advantage as they can't really be overtaken unless you get lucky... An alternative would be to ghost players with high ping/ packet loss connections so that they don't physically distrupt other people's races.

To me that seems the best middle ground. OK it doesn't stop them being incredibly distracting and very hard to draft, but at least nobody gets punted to kingdom come...

It's a tricky one. I understand that people with bad internet connections shouldn't be excluded, however in an online game like this they have an incredibly irksome advantage as they can't really be overtaken unless you get lucky... An alternative would be to ghost players with high ping/ packet loss connections so that they don't physically distrupt other people's races.

To me that seems the best middle ground. OK it doesn't stop them being incredibly distracting and very hard to draft, but at least nobody gets punted to kingdom come...

So your solution is to pretty much give a huge advantage to people with bad connections,since they can do hotlaps and pass people as ghosts,while others with legit net connection cannot do the same thing if they have a "slower" car in front of them?
Sorry mate,but there is no way for any developer to fix problems that are not theirs: people with bad connections need to either fix their connections or not be part of online (especially competitive) modes.

I'm just trying to be inclusionary, but hey, if it works for you then screw everyone else, right?

I'm sat here with 300m down and 50m up, but I don't want to say "It works for me, so you **** off". Perhaps putting the people with laggy connections in a non-contact room with eachother, so they are all ghosted?

I wasn't trying to suggest mine was a cure-all solution, but I was also trying to point out that it's unfair to say "Go play offline as you didn't pick the right place to be born"

Last edited by a moderator:
There would only be Japanese players on the Asia Pacific server. Chinese players have one bar, Taiwanese struggle to have 3, most AU and NZ players have 1-3 bars but all Japanese players have 4-5.

I’m in Canada and have better latency than most players from Australia when I play with them...

I'm just trying to be inclusionary, but hey, if it works for you then screw everyone else, right?

I'm sat here with 300m down and 50m up, but I don't want to say "It works for me, so you f-off". Perhaps putting the people with laggy connections in a non-contact room with eachother, so they are all ghosted?

I wasn't trying to suggest mine was a cure-all solution, but I was also trying to point out that it's unfair to say "Go play offline as you didn't pick the right place to be born"

Up and down has nothing to do with lagging in online gaming.I could also have 300 and 5 and lag really bad.
Its all about packet loss and ping.
With that said,I really hope you'll be "unlucky" enough to get a 10 sec pen because of people with bad net connections and say "Ok,its not his fault"....
People in various games get a perm ban for bad internet connections.You think those developers are "bad" people,with no feelings that like to ban their customers?
No.
GTS "Sport mode" has dedicaded servers in order to guarantee a consistent level of quality.If anyone is lagging,then their internet is so bad that they should not be anywhere near to that mode.I feel really sorry for them but it is what it is.

80 cad a month for every 60 gb used from satellite provider xplornet and 100 cad for 20 gb a month from bell that works off of a data hotspot like your cellphone.
Your usage limits aren't relevant. What's relevant is, in order from most to least, your latency, your upload bandwidth and your download bandwidth.

If you have satellite internet, your latency is likely to be seconds, when it should be at least less than 100ms for a reasonable online experience.

Your usage limits aren't relevant. What's relevant is, in order from most to least, your latency, your upload bandwidth and your download bandwidth.

If you have satellite internet, your latency is likely to be seconds, when it should be at least less than 100ms for a reasonable online experience.

100ms are still a lot but would not cause major lagging problems,I agree.But most people with just good connection get under 40ms-60ms and go -close- to 100ms connecting to the other half of the world.
In GTS you connect with people "close" to you (Sports mode) via dedicaded servers.Latency should not be that high.

I couldn't care less about others opinions on a video game to be honest and I wrote my usage limits because someone asked me how much I pay and that's what I am charged by. I am one bar constantly but 80% of the time it is not issue until I get in a lobby hosted by someone with also bad connection. Obviously I meet what ever requirement is required by pd or I wouldn't be able to join at all. I understand thats unfair to others but it's a game with plenty of flaws that people take advantage of and yes this flaw is my problem but for you to think I'm just going to not play online is unrealistic. I feel bad when someone In front of me is racing clean and then wam there punted but that's like 1 out of 10 races because the other 9 races everyone is in a demolition derby regardless of my sr ( I'm usually between b and s) so it's a sorry not sorry situation. I didn't write this to look for sympathy as I do not care and will continue to race online. Already have 275 races completed. I wrote this to tell people your messages after the race like get better internet just show how short sighted everyone is as well lol

I couldn't care less about others opinions..... yes this flaw is my problem but for you to think I'm just going to not play online is unrealistic. I feel bad when someone In front of me is racing clean and then wam there punted but that's like 1 out of 10 races because the other 9 races everyone is in a demolition derby regardless of my sr ........so it's a sorry not sorry situation............show how short sighted everyone is as well lol

I have nothing to add after this.....

I live in a condo yet i rarely ever encounter this issue. I only have my PS4, XB1, tablet and phones on wireless but I use 5GHz (except PS4 which doesn't support 5GHz). My PC's are via wired.

Microwaves is 2.4GHz frequencies, makes sense if your router or device is close to one. But it's more than that, if other people in your apartment/condo with routers are on the same wifi channel (1-9) then interference can happen, you can look with Wifi Manager app on Android to see what frequencies other routers are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back