Bad luck with enduro races

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheToad263
  • 12 comments
  • 1,438 views

TheToad263

(Banned)
Messages
204
Messages
TheToad263
Last night I decided to bang out the 1000km enduro race and I was at about 160 of 172 laps when my TV decided to screw around and freeze, which ended up allowing me to press the restart button when all I really wanted was to pause the race while my TV screen was blank. This is about the 3-4 time where I have restarted by accident. I know this has been discussed here before but I think this is TRULY A CRUCIAL flaw in this game. If we are going to dedicate so much time into these super long endurance races, then it shouldn't be so easy to accidently throw all of that hard work away.
 
Sorry to hear about that.
But to pause the game why not just press start?
What happened after that?
 
A friend of mine was racing the laguna seca endurance race last night and was about 1/3 of the way through it when he pitted and after that he couldn't control the car. It was like the physics engine went crazy or something. He switched controllers to see if one went bad because it was pulling to the left really bad and would suddenly dart into the wall out of nowhere, but it was obviously a bug in the game because after he restarted the game everything was fine and he went back through the race and completed it. I could only imagine the level of frustration if this happened with a 24hr endurance race.....:crazy:
 
I went to pause the game in the 4 Hour Mazda MX-5 Race and ended up restarting it after 3 hours 40 minutes. :(
 
Damn :(

If we scream about this long and hard enough, perhaps PD will finally implement this truly BAFFLING oversight :mad:
 
101 of 172 of suzuka, got stuck in the tire barrier. It's been three days since I played. Now I have bob making money. Next time I wont use fgt. Maybe i'll use taka model for a slight challenge
 
I just had a power dip half way through the 200km Laguna Seka one :( I know it's not that long but it's still very annoying. It's too late at night to start again.
 
Not that I disagree with you guys about this issue (although I've never had it happen to me, I could easily see how it's frustrating), but isn't this a little ironic? A majority of us complain about the "Are you sure?" options when tuning a car. But now we're annoyed when there isn't one for restarts. Like I said, not that I don't agree, just found it peculiar.

EDIT: God I type slow. Prime example right above me.
 
Last edited:
On 3 different occasions i have been playing at a mate's (he has a G25 cockpit, i don't) and after pitting the car is uncontrollable, like it's glitching or something. I've had no problems on my PS3 with the same enduro race, just on his console.

He's not online and hasn't downloaded any updates or patches, is this his problem?

Does anyone know if it is a glitch that has sinced been patched hence the reason i don't have any problems?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
 
Too bad, I just finished my 2nd ever run at Suzuka 1K in a X2010 and finished 53 laps ahead of 2nd in 4 hours 17 minutes.

I'm now lvl 38.
 
Whilst I agree it's far too easy to restart in this case why did you press several buttons whilst your tv was off? All you had to do was press one button, start, to pause it then put your controller down and try to fix the TV.
 
I had a couple of bad luck endurance races, but overall it improved my life psychologically. I hope, this will continue up until the end.
 
Back