Bad online race experiences

• Thread starter LBDN123
  • 19 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I figured i would create this thread for people to post comments on bad driving standards or to post videos in an attempt to reduce duplicate threads over essentially very similar issues.

I can see a lot of people have bad experiences so it would be good if people used this one thread to make the forum feel less cluttered and easier to read for everyone.

Hopefully it will become a sticky topic if it works.

I will set one up for positive experiences for the sake of keeping things balanced

You'd be better off starting a thread about clean driving, first off it would make a nice change and secondly it would be less pages :)

I had some guy to tell me to get a life just because I was trying to collect milage points. And he also said that slow drivers race in fast cars. I was driving clean, and I was halfway through Nurburgring nordchiefe, so he must have been a stupid troll.

These are my bad experiences from 14.12 and 15.12 this month. Only ones i could capture. Some slipped away cause i could go back and not loose because of my capture.

These all happen with DR B and SR B. FML.

Why do people think they can just barge there way around nurb 24 terrible behaviour.Ive had great clean races at sazuka but nurb 24 is the pits.

These things happen with DR S/A SR S too... Gr.4 is a mess. Slow drivers in faster cars thinking they can win at the turn 1. I’ll skip FIA events until they fix these issues.

I figured i would create this thread for people to post comments on bad driving standards or to post videos in an attempt to reduce duplicate threads over essentially very similar issues.

I can see a lot of people have bad experiences so it would be good if people used this one thread to make the forum feel less cluttered and easier to read for everyone.
As I told you yesterday:
GTPlanet has no upper limit on the number of threads that it can host. There is simply no need to shoehorn all comments of one type into a single location.
If someone has a bad experience online, they can post a thread about it. Or they can post in an existing thread about it. We don't mind. We do mind members telling other people not to post threads about it and where they can and can't make posts about it.

And for that reason alone, this:

Hopefully it will become a sticky topic if it works.
... is never going to happen.

These are my bad experiences from 14.12 and 15.12 this month. Only ones i could capture. Some slipped away cause i could go back and not loose because of my capture.

There are some bad punts in those videos... there are also a number of other incidents where you bring it on yourself by 1) trying a silly overtake, 2) continuing to drive in to a clearly developing accident in front of you, or 3) putting yourself in to a position where you're going to be vulnerable.

I only watched the first bit of the second video but my question would be, what would possess you, when you see two people ahead of you deliberately running into each other, to think it's a good idea to try and split them because you had a bit of a run on them?

Really can be frustrating when things go against you but you just need to keep believing people are trying their best and that idiots are few and far between.

I had one bad race today, well it wasn't bad as such, I progressed through the field and drove well, qualified on 7th with a door number of 18 (I was DR:B and only 2 other DR:B in the room, a few DR:S and the rest DR:A).

What made my race bad was an idiot DR:S SR:S guy who couldn't keep his car on the track, he kept going off and then going really fast till he came off again. Unfortunately he must have gone off the track just before the bend before the long straight as I could see him unghosting ahead. I quickly caught him and he stayed in the middle of the track, I went to his side and used my radar to keep myself off the grass, as I was passing him he pushed me off the track, I had so much more speed that I managed to still make the pass while on the grass and got back on the track ahead of him, he caught up with me on the downhill by using me as his brake, I crossed the line expecting him to be penalised but he wasn't.

When I entered the next race I was happy to see someone in the chat message calling him out as a dirty player, I noticed he was using a different car this time.
I wish the game forced you to use the car you qualify with.

Last edited:
Interesting point the qualifying with a different vehicle. I do find it a little odd you can use a different vehicle especially given some cars are more suitable i.e stable for race conditions

Out of interest, to the people who find there are a large number of incidents and have tried other motorsport games/sims , is sport mode worse than say forza or any other title?

Last edited by a moderator:
As I've moved up the SR/DR rankings (only B/B ATM), I've found the driving standards do improve. But there's almost always some idiots further down the pack. Even if you qualify in the top three, you're often going to be exposed to one of the idiots further down the pack who think that the first corner is a potential overtaking spot. The amount of dumbarses that see the first corner of the Nurburgring as a spot to place their car right up the inside is amazing. NEWSFLASH: The only thing you're going to do by taking the first corner like that is:

1. Contact the inside of cars taking a wider approach
2. Get a really bad exit out of the corner and not gain places anyway

You're not going to magically beat physics by taking that line so don't do it. There's literally no reason to take that approach on that corner.

I've actually enjoyed racing the One Make series of Nurburgring so far, but I will definitely be avoiding the current track for today (the night one that is on at the moment).

:banghead:**** this game is infuriating!!!

I messed up lap one and went from 4th to 14th or something stupid like that.. ok fine my mistake what ever.

I work my way back into the top 10 and I’m fighting for p8 or p9... guy makes a mistake and runs wide I try and avoid him, slow down but he veers into my path and I hit him right up the arse, so much so that it corrects his slide and he holds the position... because, y’know, physics.

In return for saving his race I get a -SR and a -SR for the whole event, aswell as a 10 second penalty, on the second to last lap... with about 4 people right behind me after I was slowed down so much by hitting he guy in front.

How the **** does that work?! Not only was my whole race was ruined thanks to the idiotic penalty system, but I also end the race worse off than when I started, though no ****ing fault of my own!!!

:banghead::banghead:

Back