Badger's Pug. And now a 320d.

• Thread starter Jet Badger
  • 97 comments
Is that speaker mount on the door cards BMW factory, or some moron with the car before you? If it's BMW, then both apply, as the moron works for BMW...
That would be BMW, I think they did that on most cars in that era. I did replace the whatever speakers there were a few years ago, but just the whole location is terrible in itself and sounds like crap. With the upgrade in the previous post they sound completely different. There is midbass!

IMG_20201210_151425.jpg

How's the wagon treating ya?
It's doing well for now. Had it remapped a month or two ago, sorted all the boost leaks beforehand. 178hp now on dyno and it's a lot more lively. Got some parts in the meantime like gear linkage for refurbishing and Xi rear spring pads. No time or place to fit it all however, the audio upgrade project been on hiatus unfinished for quite some time now aswell.

I keep thinking that a replacement might me quite nice. Something with more ground clearance, more cylinders and an auto would be nice. But at this point it doesn't make much sense to get rid of a car I just spent so much time and money on getting to a relatively decent state.

What's wrong with yours? Seemed in a pretty damn good shape the last time I checked :)
I had center support bearing explode, rear passenger spring unseated itself, and earlier in the year idler puller, and tensioner exploded which shredded the belt.

Other then that; it got fresh bushings (control arms) all around (minus trans, and rear diff), new tires, alignment and currently getting parts for a 5 speed ZF Swap, M56 Valve Cover, Cooling System, basically everything has been replaced as preventive maintenance afaik.

I had center support bearing explode, rear passenger spring unseated itself, and earlier in the year idler puller, and tensioner exploded which shredded the belt.

Other then that; it got fresh bushings (control arms) all around (minus trans, and rear diff), new tires, alignment and currently getting parts for a 5 speed ZF Swap, M56 Valve Cover, Cooling System, basically everything has been replaced as preventive maintenance afaik.
Heh, I went through all the same issues aswell. Replaced the carrier bearing and the whole propshaft last year as one of the u-joint got bad and the vibration was staggering. The idler pullies, tensioners and belts were replaced 3 years ago maybe as they were squeeky. Oh and both rear springs were broken, hence the Eibach upgrade.

For now I want to do the gearshift linkage refurbish and put the Xi pads in with new top shock mounts. Then I can put the whole trim back together, as it's been out of the car since spring.

Heh, I went through all the same issues aswell. Replaced the carrier bearing and the whole propshaft last year as one of the u-joint got bad and the vibration was staggering. The idler pullies, tensioners and belts were replaced 3 years ago maybe as they were squeeky. Oh and both rear springs were broken, hence the Eibach upgrade.

For now I want to do the gearshift linkage refurbish and put the Xi pads in with new top shock mounts. Then I can put the whole trim back together, as it's been out of the car since spring.
That's awesome! If you are interested I mostly document all my wagon on E46Fanatics and Instagram

-> https://www.instagram.com/selena_323it/
-> https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/selena-323it.1241763/page-14#post-18945519

Back