Balance of Performance

• Thread starter Paulgc9
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After driving a fast qualifying lap in a gr3 daily race with Balance of Performance on i was confused to see that some drivers had set considerably faster times (sometimes as much as 10 seconds quicker) even though they are in the same car as me. I thought that the balance of performance put everyones car to the same settings...obviously not though...can anyone clarify this for me.

After driving a fast qualifying lap in a gr3 daily race with Balance of Performance on i was confused to see that some drivers had set considerably faster times (sometimes as much as 10 seconds quicker) even though they are in the same car as me. I thought that the balance of performance put everyones car to the same settings...obviously not though...can anyone clarify this for me.

Settings are fixed.

He/she is just faster than you.

Settings are fixed.

He/she is just faster than you.
I understand that there will be better drivers than me but when cars are pulling away from me at a markedly faster rate then i question how balanced things really are.

It does, settings/tuning is locked (you can only change brake balance), they are just quicker than you, no cheating involved. What car are you using out of interest?

BoP is there in order to make different cars have "similar" performance and not give a huge advantage to different manufacturers (that does not mean that this actually works).
With that said if tuning is fixed and you are driving the same car in the same track with other guys its all about driver pace.They can lap 10 sec faster than you.

EDIT:There are also some "user's" options that can make the same car drive faster.Example is TC.
A car that does not use TC is faster (accelarate better) than those that do.On the other hand its gonna "spin" a lot more and its more difficult to "manage" it.Again it depends on the driver.Others can use zero "assists" and others cannot.

BoP is there in order to make different cars have "similar" performance and not give a huge advantage to different manufacturers (that does not mean that this actually works).
With that said if tuning is fixed and you are driving the same car in the same track with other guys its all about driver pace.They can lap 10 sec faster than you.
Ok cheers dude...guess i will try harder lol.

I understand that there will be better drivers than me but when cars are pulling away from me at a markedly faster rate then i question how balanced things really are.

If you're in the same car, the only difference is the driver.

You need to go faster ;)

Use traction control on 2, abs default, everything else off and then practice. These are not the fastest settings but you can get a lot nearer the top times than you currently are that's for certain and you'll be more consistent in a race and less likely to crash.

Using no traction control (with Gr.4/3 cars) is only worth it for the very best guys, for everyone else it just makes it more likely that you'll spin out or lose a big amount of time.

I think you're slower than other people or your throttle/DS4 is broken.

This could be very possible too, especially with the pad, lots do this with the triggers, they only register half a press.

Use traction control on 2, abs default, everything else off and then practice. These are not the fastest settings but you can get a lot nearer the top times than you currently are that's for certain and you'll be more consistent in a race and less likely to crash.

Using no traction control (with Gr.4/3 cars) is only worth it for the very best guys, for everyone else it just makes it more likely that you'll spin out or lose a big amount of time.

This could be very possible too, especially with the pad, lots do this with the triggers, they only register half a press.
Ok thankyou...i will give your advice a go.

TCS 2 on Gr.3 works a treat, probably the best place to have it set, being smooth with the throttle is still key, keeping its activation minimal, but it is a much better safety net, meaning a spin is much less likely to occur.

Something that does contradict what I have just said is that in some situations being heavy with the throttle will get the car to rotate quickly, but the TCS prevents spinning. It feels odd but can be helpful...

It is a 'balance' of performance, it doesn't mean all cars will be equal, it just means that overall the same driver should in theory be able to set roughly the same lap time in any of the cars.
However, they will be better or worse in different areas, some will be faster in a straight line, others will be better in corners, some will have better acceleration others a higher top speed. It's a balance, not an equaliser, wouldn't be much of a sim if every car was the same would it.

I think you're slower than other people or your throttle/DS4 is broken.

This /\ /\

Check your throttle gauge and make sure you can get it to go up 100%. I was getting smoked on the flats in the Beta and then it was only when I bought the game that I realized that I was playing with a broken controller and only getting 60% throttle.

Back