Baltasar Revolt 2001

Spain
Spain
baltasar-revolt-14_orig.jpg

Baltasar Revolt is an electric supercar for the track and road legal, specifically focused on the driving experience and pleasure. Made in Spain

DIMENSIONS

Length: 3950 mm
Width: 1850 mm
Height: 880 mm
(1.110 mm considering FIA main roll hoop)
Wheelbase: 2420 mm
Front track: 1546 mm
Rear track: 1603 mm
Weight: 770kg

baltasar-revolt-20_orig.jpg

POWERTRAIN AND TRANSMISSION

Fully electric, Rear wheel drive - Mid mounted 2 independent motors with torque vectoring

Voltage: 700V
Power: 500 bhp
Torque: 1000 Nm
Range: > 600km WLTP
Source: Drivingyourdream

I didn't click on the link, but 600km of "official" range? When the car is only around 700 kilos in weight? What kind of batteries is it running? The maths here don't really seem to add up, at least to me.

I didn't click on the link, but 600km of "official" range? When the car is only around 700 kilos in weight? What kind of batteries is it running? The maths here don't really seem to add up, at least to me.
And how can a 500 horsepower road legal electric car be this light? It may be a minimalist open cockpit vehicle but given how heavy batteries are I doubt the curb weight could be this low.

And how can a 500 horsepower road legal electric car be this light? It may be a minimalist open cockpit vehicle but given how heavy batteries are I doubt the curb weight could be this low.

Yes, that too.

I did clink on the link, and it says:

The battery pack is a 700V system that gives a range of more than 600 kilometers and 40 minutes in racing conditions. This pack only weighs 250kg and integrates Millor Battery hybrid cooling that allows to charge the car until 100km range in only 5min.

Let's say the company's claims on its battery tech is verifiable. But that leaves us with a chassis weighing 420 kilos including the motor(s)? What is it made out of? Surely not even the most advanced carbon fibre will be that light. No heater, no radio, not even ABS, then juuuust maybe, maybe it could hit this weight target, but even then I'm still not convinced.

Having said that, I do dig its overall design.

Last edited:
But that leaves us with a chassis weighing 420 kilos including the motor(s)? What is it made out of? Surely not even the most advanced carbon fibre will be that light. No heater, no radio, not even ABS, then juuuust maybe, maybe it could hit this weight target, but even then I'm still not convinced.

A Caterham Seven with a live axle, bike engine, and no weather gear can dip below that, but that's without full bodywork. When they briefly produced a Seven-based car with full bodywork (the 21), it seems to have added roughly a 180kg weight penalty on top. Porsche allegedly did get the 909 racecar down to a 385kg running weight back in the 60s, but that was pretty much a bathtub with a flat-8 bolted to it. In the land of modern trackday cars though, below half a tonne in running order just doesn't really happen - even companies with a larger budget like BAC aren't there.

Back