Barbie Comes to Forza Horizon 5 With Two New Free Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 16 comments
  • 4,388 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,515
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Barbie Comes to Forza Horizon 5 With Two New Free Cars​

It’s unexpected Movie Placement Monday in Forza Horizon 5 today, as Playground Games is distributing two new cars to all players for free to celebrate the upcoming Barbie movie...
 
Last edited:
Being an '80s kid, I refuse to accept any Corvette but a C4 convertible as the true Barbie Corvette.

61EALjfV1EL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg


And that's totally not because I stole my cousin's and Sharpie-painted it black so Cobra Commander could have a cool new staff car. Because I totally didn't do that no matter what she said back then, and I'm still totally not apologizing for it.
 
I'm not gonna lie, I snorted when I read this headline. Nice that they're giving out freebies, but this is just oddly hilarious to me.
 
Does it come with its own radio station that plays "Barbie Girl" when you're in the Corvette, like what happens with "Everything Is Awesome" when you're in the FH4 Lego world???
 
Being an '80s kid, I refuse to accept any Corvette but a C4 convertible as the true Barbie Corvette.

61EALjfV1EL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg


And that's totally not because I stole my cousin's and Sharpie-painted it black so Cobra Commander could have a cool new staff car. Because I totally didn't do that no matter what she said back then, and I'm still totally not apologizing for it.

So it sounds like you were a little asshole back in the 80s as a kid.

And now as a full grown adult, you still are a little asshole.

Am I reading that correctly?
 
So it sounds like you were a little asshole back in the 80s as a kid.

And now as a full grown adult, you still are a little asshole.

Am I reading that correctly?
If it makes you feel better, I totally didn't give her all my Voltrons a week later so she could paint them with nail polish and make them Barbie's robot army either. :P

What's Oppenheimer going to offer FH5 gamers?

A free nuclear bomb perk?
Maybe they could bring back that Fallout car that was exclusive DLC in one game and then never used again. Especially since Microsoft owns Bethesda now and all.
 
What's Oppenheimer going to offer FH5 gamers?

A free nuclear bomb perk?
Maybe a Ford Nucleon! I know it's not explosive, just nuclear. (the "just" doing some very heavy lifting there)
 
I could only wish that the Corvette wasn't an EV. I absolutely abhor EV's, and given the Corvette is one, it wouldn't be something Barbie would be proud of.

And plus it's sacrilege to convert a classic/legendary vehicle into an EV.
 
Mario cringeface.png
My reaction in a nutshell! :lol: (PS not be taken personally or seriously in any way)
 
Last edited:
I absolutely abhor EV's, and given the Corvette is one, it wouldn't be something Barbie would be proud of.
Every Barbie Corvette capable of moving under its own power ever made has been an EV...

In fact that's almost certainly the reason this one is too.
 
I think any resemblance to a real 55 Corvette is purely coincidental. The car has two rows of seats and seeing from the outside the drivers head is above the windscreen.
 
Immediately changing the paint scheme on both vehicles. Even though these two vehicles are free this was a weird one to drop to say the least.
 
I could only wish that the Corvette wasn't an EV. I absolutely abhor EV's, and given the Corvette is one, it wouldn't be something Barbie would be proud of.

And plus it's sacrilege to convert a classic/legendary vehicle into an EV.
So I probably shouldn't mention that I want to find a classic British roadster with a bad engine, like an Austin Healey 3000, and convert it to an EV, thus reducing a lot of things that could go bad on an old car, especially a British one. I wouldn't paint it pink, though. It'd have to be British Racing Green.

But I do dislike the real world Hummer EV, mostly because I don't want to encounter a 9,063lb/4,111kg vehicle driven by people like my uncle (who had an H2).
Every Barbie Corvette capable of moving under its own power ever made has been an EV...

In fact that's almost certainly the reason this one is too.
Good point. I downloaded the cars but haven't driven them. I'm mostly afraid that the "Barbie World" song will start playing. I haven't heard it in years, yet it's re-emerged in my head after seeing the update and your quoting it in the article.
 
I haven't heard it in years, yet it's re-emerged in my head after seeing the update and your quoting it in the article.
There's also a very brief snippet at the end of the trailer, although it seems to be a remix called "Barbie World".


Which is fun, as Mattel originally sued Aqua about it.
 
Back