Barbie Comes to Forza Horizon 5 With Two New Free Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 16 comments
Being an '80s kid, I refuse to accept any Corvette but a C4 convertible as the true Barbie Corvette.

61EALjfV1EL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

And that's totally not because I stole my cousin's and Sharpie-painted it black so Cobra Commander could have a cool new staff car. Because I totally didn't do that no matter what she said back then, and I'm still totally not apologizing for it.

Does it come with its own radio station that plays "Barbie Girl" when you're in the Corvette, like what happens with "Everything Is Awesome" when you're in the FH4 Lego world???

Being an '80s kid, I refuse to accept any Corvette but a C4 convertible as the true Barbie Corvette.

61EALjfV1EL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

And that's totally not because I stole my cousin's and Sharpie-painted it black so Cobra Commander could have a cool new staff car. Because I totally didn't do that no matter what she said back then, and I'm still totally not apologizing for it.

So it sounds like you were a little asshole back in the 80s as a kid.

And now as a full grown adult, you still are a little asshole.

Am I reading that correctly?

So it sounds like you were a little asshole back in the 80s as a kid.

And now as a full grown adult, you still are a little asshole.

Am I reading that correctly?
If it makes you feel better, I totally didn't give her all my Voltrons a week later so she could paint them with nail polish and make them Barbie's robot army either. :P

What's Oppenheimer going to offer FH5 gamers?

A free nuclear bomb perk?
Maybe they could bring back that Fallout car that was exclusive DLC in one game and then never used again. Especially since Microsoft owns Bethesda now and all.

I could only wish that the Corvette wasn't an EV. I absolutely abhor EV's, and given the Corvette is one, it wouldn't be something Barbie would be proud of.

And plus it's sacrilege to convert a classic/legendary vehicle into an EV.

I absolutely abhor EV's, and given the Corvette is one, it wouldn't be something Barbie would be proud of.
Every Barbie Corvette capable of moving under its own power ever made has been an EV...

In fact that's almost certainly the reason this one is too.

I think any resemblance to a real 55 Corvette is purely coincidental. The car has two rows of seats and seeing from the outside the drivers head is above the windscreen.

Immediately changing the paint scheme on both vehicles. Even though these two vehicles are free this was a weird one to drop to say the least.

I could only wish that the Corvette wasn't an EV. I absolutely abhor EV's, and given the Corvette is one, it wouldn't be something Barbie would be proud of.

And plus it's sacrilege to convert a classic/legendary vehicle into an EV.
So I probably shouldn't mention that I want to find a classic British roadster with a bad engine, like an Austin Healey 3000, and convert it to an EV, thus reducing a lot of things that could go bad on an old car, especially a British one. I wouldn't paint it pink, though. It'd have to be British Racing Green.

But I do dislike the real world Hummer EV, mostly because I don't want to encounter a 9,063lb/4,111kg vehicle driven by people like my uncle (who had an H2).
Every Barbie Corvette capable of moving under its own power ever made has been an EV...

In fact that's almost certainly the reason this one is too.
Good point. I downloaded the cars but haven't driven them. I'm mostly afraid that the "Barbie World" song will start playing. I haven't heard it in years, yet it's re-emerged in my head after seeing the update and your quoting it in the article.

I haven't heard it in years, yet it's re-emerged in my head after seeing the update and your quoting it in the article.
There's also a very brief snippet at the end of the trailer, although it seems to be a remix called "Barbie World".

Which is fun, as Mattel originally sued Aqua about it.

Back