Barcelona bugged or just horribly wrong?

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 6 comments
Polyphony in general has great quality tracks but Barcelona feels so weird. Its like it run the weirdest fov and compress the corners. Particularly the first section feels like a totally different track versus all other racing sims version I ever tried. The rest also dont seem quite right but way closer to what I expect.

Its the only track in gt7 that has me react this way I am not super anal about this stuff. Everything else is so polished so maybe they are right. Never been there irl.

The layout sucks and i don't know anyone who likes the back half of the track. The hairpin at the end of the backstraight (which is no longer there) was just an ugly compromise of a corner and the chicane is hideous.

I always felt Nordschleife and Brands Hatch to be much narrower in GT than in AC/ACC. On the other hand Suzuka and RBR feels exactly the same in both games. Never really noticed Barcelona being that different either.

Can't say I drove at Barcelona a lot in ACC, the main layout, with the annoying hairpin on the backstraight an the chicane instead of the last corner may be necessary for the current F1 cars, but not great at all in GT cars. From F1 games and previous titles, the track looks more or less the same, including the first sector, the chicane at the end of the main straight even seems it can be taken faster than other titles.

Back