Barrett Jackson, Scottsdale 2008

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
Messages
2,823
Messages
GTP_Brent
I guess it's officially underway now.

Having had a chance to look at the docket, which cars are you particularly looking forward to seeing auctioned off?

I'm really eager to see which of the '63 PininFarina bodied Corvette they keep mentioning on SpeedTV or Carroll Shelby's personal '69 GT500 goes for more. In my mind it's a toss up, and can't even hazard a guess at the price the gavel will drop on for either...

Now, of course everyone will be watching Saturday's picture perfect muscle cars with ultra-rare performance options. But those cars aside, there's a gorgeous looking Rolls Silver Cloud II in lot 762.1 that I think could be one of the pricier cars before the weekend if it's truly as good as the impression its description gives. Also, there's two funny little Kaiser-Darrin's in lots 957 and 984 that caught my eye because I'd not ever seen or heard of these things before. And the auction's one and only Metropolitan is in lot 605 - a friend of mine used to have (probably still has) two of these sitting in a field near his house, be neat to see what one in good shape will go for.
 
It will be interesting to see what the Monster Garage cars go for.
 
Back