Base Xbox thoughts?

• Thread starter ykiki
  • 3 comments
United States
Puget Sound
ykiki5
ykiki5
I've read a lot of comments from posters with an Xbox One X, but what about those with a standard One or One S?

Post your impressions here!

I have a One S with controller, and so far the graphics aren't as bad as I'd been expecting. At the start of Career, I thought I'd be horrible. I finished the first task in last place 8+ seconds off the leader. Got better in the rain. 4th fastest and only 2 seconds behind. Then I was a mess driving at night.

Next came Zolder and my biggest complaint. Can the pit stop menu be any more convoluted? AI cars can drive right through me on the way in? AI can drive through me on the way out and I get disqualified from the race?

I qualified ok (8th for race 1 and 3rd for race 2), but all was lost in the pits. I finished last in race 1 after a 1:45 pitstop and then in race 2, I was disqualified EVERY time. I ended up rerunning race 2 so many times that I now have the 1000 km Achievement!!!

Soooooo... graphics ok, controller ok, pit lane menu infuriating!

Last edited:
I got disqualified twice for speeding in the pit lane as the limiter which is set to auto for me released coming out the pits. I have reported the issue to the devs

I've got a One S as well and the graphical differences between the game on a new 4k TV (lounge room) and a older non 4k TV (my own personal TV) are night and day. On lounge TV it looks pretty good-not up to the standard of GT Sport but still quite easy on the eyes. However on the other older TV it looks like a PS2 game. Yikes. Graphics aren't stopping me from enjoying the game though. Pleasantly surprised by how good it is with controller.

The sounds make up for any graphic quality. The sound lends well very well to the immersion factor. I've been playing Bathurst and Laguna Seca before and noticed that whilst sitting in the pits I could hear the commentary over the PA and it was the real deal. Bathurst you could hear a familiar voice from that commentary team (pretty sure it was Chad Neylon) whilst at Laguna you heard an American commentator who's name escapes me but he does IMSA/Blancpain US. Love little details like that.

I'm running a base XBOX with a non-4K TV. I don't have issues with the framerate, which was a nice surprise, but the graphics are rough... I've turned down the detail/sharpening level on my TV, but still the shadows/highlights on the track in the first career race on Monza look like a pixel monster threw up on the screen. The dash display in the cars is also extremely blocky. I'm sitting about 1m from a 65" TV, but have had no problems at all playing Project Cars 1/2 or the original AC.

Whatever that pixel monster ate, I don't want any.

Latest Posts

Back