Basic Handling Issues (controller suspected)

• Thread starter Kadin
  • 1 comments
United States
United States
Hello,
I am a long-time Forza player, and thus very used to Forza's handling feel.
I got Gran Turismo 3 for my PS2 a while back and haven't really played it much because it always seemed so hard to drive.
To give you context, I use an unbranded wireless dual shock controller. I never had a sony dual shock controller to compare it to.

Anyways, the main problem that I have is that I cannot for the life of me drive in a straight line!

I will just inch my joystick to the side to turn and the car will turn, but instead of straightening out easily, my car eases out of turning, causing me to never really be able to measure how much turning I need and thus overturning or not driving straight. I cannot drive straight because after overturning, I try to correct the over turn, but end up just drifting the opposite way and not correcting my direction.

I'm not sure if this is a controller issue or if it is just how the physics work. I had a different 3rd-party controller before I got my wireless one and I had the exact same problem. I debated getting an older wheel to deal with the issue but I'd like to be able to just sit down and play causally. It's hard when the steering's all wack, though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Yeah, GT3's issue was that when you turn, the car doesn't straighten itself very easily. This was fixed in Gran Turismo Concept. I don't think it's a physics thing, it's just that the game doesn't (for whatever reason) counter-steer at all after a steering input, which would be needed to go straight easily.
I've actually tried to modify GT3 to incorporate the counter-steer from GT Concept, I haven't been successful yet, but haven't tried too hard though.
I should maybe try figure it out so it's a bit easier to drive. If I ever do figure it out, I'll post a topic about it here.

Back