Basic transmission calculator !

• Thread starter tkc_cz
  • 16 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
takechiCZ
THIS VERSION IS OLD!Nevertheless, some of you may find it usefull. To see my new calculator working on different principle, check THIS THREAD -> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/transmission-calculator.294867/

Hi guys, ive made a simple little transmission calculator to get you started...hopefully it comes in handy. You just put in the lowest RPM in which the engine puts out most horsepower (or RPM in which you want to start the gears in), RPM in which engine switches into another gear, and last gear ratio (not to be confused with final). It basically calculates what ratio is needed to start each gear at the peak of power, and not have ineffective transmission(read THIS for better understanding, great article). Its possible some ratios will not fit. Anyways, hope you like it, and if you have any issues, feel free to contact me.

transtuner.jpg

download links (final v1.1):
http://speedy.sh/7cmPt/TransmissionTuner.exe
http://uloz.to/xWi6jF6N/transmissiontuner-exe

Last edited:
Hi guys, ive made a simple little transmission calculator to get you started...hopefully it comes in handy. You just put in the lowest RPM in which the engine puts out most horsepower (or RPM in which you want to start the gears in), RPM in which engine switches into another gear, and last gear ratio (not to be confused with final). It basically calculates what ratio is needed to start each gear at the peak of power, and not have ineffective transmission(read THIS for better understanding, great article). Its possible some ratios will not fit. Anyways, hope you like it, and if you have any issues, feel free to contact me.

transtuner.jpg

download links (final v1.1):
http://speedy.sh/7cmPt/TransmissionTuner.exe
http://uloz.to/xWi6jF6N/transmissiontuner-exe
Look very good and it will be very usefull at one condition.
Does it match with the ratios range numbers available on the setting panel ??

This was the main problem in GT5 with this kind of calculators.

Good job anyway

Look very good and it will be very usefull at one condition.
Does it match with the ratios range numbers available on the setting panel ??

This was the main problem in GT5 with this kind of calculators.

Good job anyway

You can fit the range of most values by extending or shortening the rpm range you are calculating. That is, i believe, the only way to "solve" that problem...but if you use it to calculate only 2 or 3 of the values, it should still save you at least SOME time...

Sorry but I do not understand what the RPM in French ... what is it? Computer and work there for the French because our power units are not the same.
a quick explanation will be nice for us;)
bye bye tunners

Last edited:
In my testing, the suggested values have never fit within the allowed bounds. I can usually get the last 3-4 gears in, but the first two gears are always wayyy too low. But do I like the idea behind the app.

Having made my own transmission calculator years ago, I can tell you you're making the same mistake I made initially. You can't simply have each ratio be a fixed percentage of the previous one. The lower gears need to be spread out wider and the higher gears need to be progressively closer together. Not only will you find that these gears spit out by your calculator often don't fit into the allowable range, you'll also find that the RPM drop during shifts actually increases as you move up through the gears. No bueno. This problem is actually far more complex than it seems, and it took me a few years to finally figure it out.

Last edited:
Sorry but I do not understand what the RPM in French ... what is it? Computer and work there for the French because our power units are not the same.
a quick explanation will be nice for us;)
bye bye tunners
RPM= rotation par minute = nombre de tours par minute du villebrequin = regime moteur...
👍

will look at it tomorrow, and hopefully will cooperate with Acan on upgrading it, thx for replies

will look at it tomorrow, and hopefully will cooperate with Acan on upgrading it, thx for replies

No problem, i hope you test the file first, to see how the program works and how it relates to each other, especially the transmission calculator.

Can you make one that's safe to use? My virus program will not allow me to use it now matter what.

@tkc_cz why are you trying to give everyone a virus?

Been having a little play with this and i can see the benefit for people, before you use the app though whether it's a track specific tune or a general tune your going to need to take the time to find the final drive figure needed so your not bouncing off the limiter, then go ahead and use the app.
Nice work fella's and I think this could help quite a few people especially your novice tuners just to get a decent set up for their gears, work like this is what brings people to the site whether to join up or lurk and keep an eye on anything that improves their GT experience, :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back