Basketball Fans!

• Thread starter Saleen Man
  • 18 comments
For all you basketball fans, some good/bad news, whichever way you see it.;) A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Allen Iverson. Him and his uncle barged into an apartment with a gun, wanting to know where his wife was.:rolleyes: He's faced with many charges, some of them being: Assault, trespassing, conspiracy, possession(sp) of a gun without a permit, and a few others. If convicted of all charges, he could face up to 61 years in prison!:eek: Yes! errr.......:odd::nervous:

How come Bastket Ball players seem to do the stupidest of crimes, compaired to other sports?

Okay - a friend of mine told me at 4:30 that he was arrested, then I missed the ESPN cover of it (I got in late) and I haven't watched CNN today. I'll do a quick search on the World Wide Internet.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Allen Iverson will be charged with assault and other offenses for forcing his way into an apartment with a gun and threatening two men while looking for his wife, authorities said Thursday. The NBA All-Star, no stranger to trouble on and off the court, will be allowed to surrender to police Tuesday morning after his lawyer returns from vacation, police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said. Iverson must remain inside his suburban Philadelphia mansion until then. "If Iverson is seen on the street or out partying, we will arrest him," Johnson said. Iverson and an uncle are accused of barging into a cousin's apartment on the morning of July 3 as the Philadelphia 76ers' guard searched for his wife, Tawanna. Iverson allegedly had thrown her out of their house naked during a dispute, according to tapes of a 911 call obtained by The Philadelphia Inquirer. Police searched Iverson's mansion and his uncle's home Thursday, looking for the gun and other evidence. Iverson will be charged with criminal trespass, simple assault, terroristic threats and gun offenses, District Attorney Lynne Abraham said. Four of the counts are felonies, and Iverson faces up to 54 years in prison if convicted of all the charges.

Charges against Allen Iverson

Criminal trespass
(felony, two counts)

Criminal conspiracy
(felony, one count)

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act
(felony, one count)

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act
(misdemeanor, one count)

Simple assault
(misdemeanor, two counts)

Terroristic threats

Unlawful restraint

False imprisonment

Poss. of an instrument of crime
(misdemeanor, one count)

What are the chances of allen iverson going to jail for 60 years? Just for barging in a house with a gun? Ive seen guys who killed go to jail for less time

Originally posted by Saleen Man
All I can say is, what an idiot.:rolleyes: 54 years? I heard 61........:confused:
HELL NO he's not going to jail for ****, Allen Iverson has been committing crimes almost his WHOLE life, all charges will be dropped, only if he killed someone then thats a different story

Hmm, do we have an Iverson fan?:D:P Anyway, yeah, most likely all charges will be dropped, and there'll be a big uproar about how he only got off because he's an nba star. Or something like that.

Back