Bass and vocals needed for a long distance band.Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daniel
  • 12 comments
  • 1,647 views

Daniel

User user
Premium
Messages
8,502
New Zealand
Auckland
Messages
Lazer0pz
Ok, here's the Deal. I play drums, and saw Pako's thread. This might work...

I enjoy many types of 'Alternative' and 'Rock' Music (Coldplay, Zepplin, RHCP, and can adapt to nearly everything)

Oh, yeah... I play drums... so maybe anybody who can play guitar, keyboard/piano, bass, vocals... post and maybe we can get something on! I'll bring up some covers of my songs next post.
 
Would you mind playing some Dream Theater, Liquid Tension (Mike Portnoy ftw), Satriani, anything instrumental / progressive rock haha. With a hint of blues and occasional jazz :)

By the way, I play guitar :)

If you don't mind playing that kind of music, I'm in, on the condition you can play this stuff (I can find a drummer any day), and that it doesn't take you weeks to record 1 track.

Can you post anything you've done in this thread?
 
i will be tomorrow, problem is. I have no idea about the songs you mentioned. but i'll D/load them and play along tomorrow. My MP3/4 player has awesome quality recording, so I should be all good with that. :)
 
Those were bands I mentioned. You plan to record with your mp3 player?

 
yeah, i've got a 'Philips Opus'. Great Recording, Great sound, looks cool. It's about 10pm at the moment... my curfew's 9pm (shhh!) so i'll do it tomorrow morning.
 
Agh, was hoping you'd have a 7-mic setup to record. Don't wanna offend or discourage you, but I don't think you're what I'm looking for in a band. I was in a band when I was in high school and still record my own covers with real recording gear so I'm used to good quality recording, and playing with experienced musicians.

Maybe someone else would like to be a guitarist for your long distance band?

Sorry and good luck.
 
:) i'm fine with that, might put up "No 7000 mics required" in the title. :D
 
Hi,
I've played guitar for long enough to not suck outright and I'm into pretty much the opposite of music that's been mentioned so far. Satriani, Vai and them are obviously great at what they do but I'd much rather listen to The Clash then Dream Theatre. My styles can be varied I guess but blues/rock/alt should be all good. I don't care about the quality of recording so long as it isn't complete trash. I've still got my amps and such and I think I've got a couple mics left.

edit: your sig indicated coldplay fandom. i don't care about them one way or the other but radiohead are my favorite band ever so i think we'd have at least compatible tastes.
 
i do enjoy radiohead. i've got 'In Rainbows'and can rip it onto the computer today. i also enjoy creep. might buy it off iTunes today
 
i do enjoy radiohead. i've got 'In Rainbows'and can rip it onto the computer today. i also enjoy creep. might buy it off iTunes today

Get the album: OK Computer, and get it by any means necessary, it's the greatness. Somebody around here must play bass?
 
Just downloaded the discography, Coldplay had the most songs in Windows media player - 75. Radiohead overtook them. 82 Songs :D.
 
But how would this work???
I would be happy to join
 
I play along to the song on my iPod. then you do the same thing, but on Guitar, Bass, or Triangle. Send the recording to me, or vice versa. And we put 'em all together.
 
Back