• Thread starter GBO Possum
  • 14 comments

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GBO-Possum
Just for giggles, I compared Google Street View with GT6's version of Mount Panorama and was stunned.

I did not expect to actually see recognisable individual trees or rock formations at the side of the road.

Take a look and be amazed at what PD has done. The time of day in each of these photo pairs is different, but bear with me.

Check out the antennae on the building

Mt Panorama 2.jpg
Mt Panorama 3.jpg

Take a look at the lone tree almost centered in this pair. You'll also notice that black and white barrier is not in the GT6 version. The Google photo does show the overhead wires, but more faintly.

Mt Panorama 4.jpg
Mt Panorama 5.jpg

the odd-shaped tree again, somewhat closer. And look at the square drain to the left of the edge of the track, between the grass and the white line.

Mt Panorama 7.jpg
Mt Panorama 8.jpg

Once again, that tree, from the other side. Look closely for "The Esses" painted on the barrier.

Mt Panorama 9.jpg

Mt Panorama 1.jpg

The final pair is really the most amazing IMHO. Look at the brown concrete repair, the diagonal marks in the rock face, and the texture of the rocks below the grass line. You will find just so much detail which matches reality. Clearly this track has been captured in excruciating detail. Will we appreciate this as we rush down the Esses?!

Mt Panorama 10.jpg
Mt Panorama 11.jpg

Who needs a next-gen console when this is what PD can do with the PS3?

Attachments

• Mt Panorama 6.jpg
    Mt Panorama 6.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 5
Incredible, I was just telling my friend about how beautiful this track is in GT6, especially with the fantastic lighting, the replay is just stunning to behold.

They will. PD has hundreds of people working on the details of track and the cars (While the AI team has ONLY 2 :lol:)

Well the PS4 is the most powerful console, if they manage to tap into the power like they have with the PS3 then GT7 will be the undisputed racing sim king. Just had my friend around tonight, he has Forza 5, I showed him the replay on Mount Panamera and he thought it was incredible in fact he stated it looked better than Forza 5 which is just remarkable and ridiculous at the same time, the fact that these two games are being compared is unbelievable...

Well the PS4 is the most powerful console, if they manage to tap into the power like they have with the PS3 then GT7 will be the undisputed racing sim king. Just had my friend around tonight, he has Forza 5, I showed him the replay on Mount Panamera and he thought it was incredible in fact he stated it looked better than Forza 5 which is just remarkable and ridiculous at the same time, the fact that these two games are being compared is unbelievable...

Don't blame them. They're both exclusive race sims published by the Console developers (GT published by Sony, Forza published by Microsoft).

ive noticed the small details at bathurst, things like the view from there, its pretty much bang on.

ive worked in the flag point on the left of this image, my name is in there in the concrete. :lol:
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg

in this image, you can see (only slightly) some markings in the 'r' and 'o' of brock. those are written tributes from fans.
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg

and finally, the museum. that is the nissan/gibson motorsport bluebird in the window. that is also there irl.

but they dont have the peter brock bronze statue out the front :grumpy:
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg

its all in the details, and PD certainly pulled it off.

Back