Battery use in CR-Z Spoon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hawkeye122
  • 6 comments
  • 2,902 views
Messages
3,915
United States
California
Messages
gdwest1
So ive been running a fully modded Spoon CR-Z for 7 laps around Trial Mountain. The indicator says ive run out of electricity, but from what i see, I am not losing any fuel, and as far as i can tell, there isnt a drop in power either. So, does the Spoon CR-z run on nothing?
 
It's a hybrid, so it's running on petrol. I imagine a lot of the time while you're driving it with full charge it's running on petrol anyway (such is the nature of a hybrid), and 7 laps may not be enough for you to see a dip in fuel load given that it's supposed to be more economical than a normal car. So, run it for 50 more laps, then see what happens, I guess.
 
Can you even run out of fuel in Practice mode?
 
Try it in arcade mode or online, I think you can turn on fuel consumption in those two options, not sure about practice though.
 
That's better than the tesla roadsters issue with dead batteries, when the tesla runs out, you better hope you have a HUGE lead, have VERY LITTLE distance left, and is on a VERY SLOW track! Cuz you will be 50mph for the rest of the race!
 
I noticed the same issue with the Acura DN-X. I ran it around Daytona, draining the batteries quickly, but for some reason it seemed to go just as fast without battery assist as it did with it.
 
the honda and the spoon cr-z use the battery first an the the fuel. you won't see a drop in performance if the battery is empty.
the best part with this cars is that every time you brake you recharge the battery.

i plan to use my 322hp honda cr-z in the 4hours ring endurance. hopefully the battery will give my thr advantage i need
 
Back