Battle Gear 4 Hardware in GT5?

• Thread starter Goregeist
  • 8 comments
Goregeist
lol
anyone know what kind of Hardware the BG4 Tuned machine uses?
Seems like it's Got just the right level FFB in the wheel, while maintaining a Decent Diameter (13" ?) and Feel(non whiney/Grindy/Unrealistic/Holy**** break your arms off FFB), the E-brake is a no brainer, although perhaps Hard to incorporate into a PS3 game, and the Shifter is the Cherry piece, Because you Actually have to depress the Clutch to "Physically" Change gears. Puts the G25 to shame if you ask me. Any mods, and/or Suppliers for such hardware? Perhaps something of Equivalent Quality?

I would think the hardware is made specifically for the battlegear cabinets, and you probably couldn't get them seperately. I doubt it could be made compatible with the PS3 either, at least not without some serious modding.

Sure would be nice to have something like an arcade racing cabinet running GT5 though.

Edit: +1 to above. I'd love to have an arcade style race-pod, especially one that moves and shakes. That would be amazing.

Lol yeah, It's not for those who'd be intimidated for the amount of work, I mean even if it's just the wheel and gearing and the Shifter Mated to a G25/27 electronics I'd be happy. I'm certain that the shifter just incorporates an electric solenoid, where as the clutch closes the loop when it's fully depressed. You can use any E-brake from a vehicle and use the microswitch for the state change and solder to an input on the shifter. I'd like to think that it 'could' be done, just that it requires a very labour intensive process.

Lol yeah, It's not for those who'd be intimidated for the amount of work, I mean even if it's just the wheel and gearing and the Shifter Mated to a G25/27 electronics I'd be happy. I'm certain that the shifter just incorporates an electric solenoid, where as the clutch closes the loop when it's fully depressed. You can use any E-brake from a vehicle and use the microswitch for the state change and solder to an input on the shifter. I'd like to think that it 'could' be done, just that it requires a very labour intensive process.

Technical jargon aplenty there, haha. Sounds like it would be really cool though. Having a functional e-brake would be absolutely amazing.

well if you can set up a drift car AFK, you shouldn't have too much trouble with a video game setup :P

EDIT: I've found some mods for the G25/27 that involve Spacers and Hubs to replace the wheels and an e-brake mod.
I wonder if there is anything you can to to change the mechanical drive assy... I can't be the only one who's thinking about this.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back