Beater or Sleeper? FH3 Edition! Thanks for coming.

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 573 comments
Ok people, gather around as we begin....

*Drum Roll

*Drum Roll

*Drums Explode

Damn it Keith!! You double charged the pyrotechnics again didn’t you? :rolleyes:

*Sigh* Ok fine with further ado or exploding drum kits..

It’s The First(and only) Forza Horizon 3 COTW Beater Or Sleeper Awards Show!!!!! :D

Let’s get right into it shall we??

We’ll start with one or two awards I had prepped for this.

(The Schwarzenegger ‘Predator’ Award for Ugliest Front On A Road Car)

Not many candidates in this bracket and was gonna be tough to decide who won this.

And then this showed up..

8BE488B8-B9FF-4A55-B9BA-B8B9BA8B8593.png

Oh dear god..:crazy:
The winner is the Quartz Regalia, now please, don’t get resurrected again by Hollywood for a reboot of Predator now. :scared:

Moving on...

(The “Who Put This Thing Together? Me, That’s Who!!” award) for the person who decided to put this thread together for the Forza side of COTW.

Step right up and and claim your prize..

The man, The myth, The Prism, @Obelisk!!! :cheers:

Enjoy it my friend and you’re always welcome over in the spin off, of this spin off, the FM7 COTW thread. 👍

Next up is the “Most Fun” award for the car that may be a Beater to some and to others not, But was still capable of putting a smile on your face.

This goes to...

3D7E3B7A-3048-4E66-97FF-1E6E7EFACD83.png

The 1972 Reliant Supervan III!!

Here’s to the car that couldn’t get out it’s own way, but made us all push to its absolute..*CRASH!*

Huh, In it’s eagerness to collect its trophy, the Supervan has rolled over and is now turned turtle. :lol:

I guess its not
(Puts on Glasses)
So Super anymore... :sly:

Swiftly moving on before I get clipped around the ear for being unoriginal.

The “Alien From Outta Nowhere Award” for best newcomer.

Not all newcomers are newbies and not all veterans are ultra fast, this award highlights the former group as newcomers who had their sights set on the top spot and got past me to do it.

This was a tough one as both candidates for this award are still doing this over on FM7 and not disappointing either.

So in this case, I’m willing to give this one to both, of course they’ll have to fight over the only trophy we have for it. :mischievous:

Take a bow @Drex124 AND @FastBud!!! :cheers:

Going down this list, we now touch on the (Where Is The Love?) award for the vehicle that people didn’t have time to review and was given next to no attention.

Take a slow walk down to the front..

1A17DB2B-0EC9-4C3C-B241-0491EB819635.png

The 2015 BJ Baldwin Monster Energy Trophy Truck...

And now for something completely different.

Ok, ok, Let’s cut the bull, let’s get to the real deal and the reason we’re all here.

First up the “Junkyard Sale” award for Beater of the Year and here are the nominations as voted for by you.

The 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
The 1995 Ferrari F50
The 1986 Lamborghini LM002

With one vote each, I, from this pick of three have to decide who walks out with this award.

After some consideration, my vote goes to....

20741ADB-4B1B-4AEF-93B2-0E06F4B933BF.png

The 1986 Lamborghini LM002!!!

Take a temper mental V12 from a Countach, stick it in a heavy off-roader and don’t bother upping the power to compensate and this is the result.

Better luck next Forza LM002. ;)

Ok now for the grand daddy, the Creme De La Creme of this year, (The Autoshow Gemstone) award for Sleeper Of The Year and the nominations are as follows..

The 2015 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
The 2017 Tamo Racemo
The 1977 Aston Martin Vantage

So the first pick, The veteran and the virtual newcomer.

Tricky choice, 2 of them I quite liked and I recall enjoying both at full throttle.

But I have to choose one and my pick is...

9D5941B0-5CFC-4151-B542-BACFF120FB5E.png

The 2017 Tamo Racemo!!!!:cheers:
The Newcomer has taken the big one and is the Forza Horizon 3 COTW Sleeper Of The Year award.

And with that, The show is over.

Thanks to everyone for participating and contributing over the 52+ weeks that this thread has been kicking about for.

To the ones who can, the party now moves to the world of Motorsport and to whose can’t currently, you’re still welcome to tag along. :D

Good Night and God Bless :cheers:

You know...I started this thread as an impulsive decision. I was super eager to get into it and then got lazy and disorganized. Missed a few weeks, couldn't take part in the events, etc...

But I kept going. I kept going because I liked what I saw in here. People were coming out of the woodwork to chip in on cars, surprising everyone with their speed or their detailed reviews (like the one guy who impersonated different TV personalities) and sometimes the occassional streak of misfortune...
We keep beating up on HotDog1969.
out of context is best context

But in the end, this thread brought a few people together (to berate bad cars) for a year and a half, which is seriously impressive for me. I'm proud that I was able to take this as far as I could, and equally proud of @Vic Reign93 for seeing this thread to its proper end.

For everyone who ever posted in here...

Thank you. All of you.

You've all made me a happy man.

Oh hey I won something :dopey:

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks.
I doubt I would have had half as much fun with FH3 if it hadn't been for this thread, doing the reviews/write-ups, and of course the battles with Vic.

So thanks Obelisk for starting this thread and keeping it going as long as you could.
Thanks Vic for seeing this through and for all the battles.
And thanks Populuxe, I always enjoy your write-ups on the cars.
Also everyone else who showed up here of course.

Hope to see y'all in the sequel. :D

Back