Beater or Sleeper? FH3 Edition! Thanks for coming.

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 573 comments
Yes sir.

This is not allowed.

Sorry, should have clarified. After the lap time in a stock version, I have decided to upgrade it for future use. I use a completely stock down to the air pressure in tires version for any beater or sleeper challenge, but usually when I'm done I'll upgrade and tinker with various setups.

Sorry, should have clarified. After the lap time in a stock version, I have decided to upgrade it for future use. I use a completely stock down to the air pressure in tires version for any beater or sleeper challenge, but usually when I'm done I'll upgrade and tinker with various setups.
Alright. Just making sure.

For all of you nutjobs in here, I want to give you a heads-up. Remember the "no corner-cutting" rule I added? Well, this week's TT course is a bit poorly defined. The only corners I will judge harshly on are the one or two hairpins on the course. Please try to stay on the road anyways!

Alright. Just making sure.

For all of you nutjobs in here, I want to give you a heads-up. Remember the "no corner-cutting" rule I added? Well, this week's TT course is a bit poorly defined. The only corners I will judge harshly on are the one or two hairpins on the course. Please try to stay on the road anyways!
Ohh think I might be out this week then :banghead:

This nutjob will do his best to stay on the track, but how do I record using the DVR? I'd like to be able to do that!

This nutjob will do his best to stay on the track, but how do I record using the DVR? I'd like to be able to do that!
It's a Snap function. Double tap the Xbox button and snap the Game DVR. you'll have to drive with a smaller screen for the game but it can record up to 5 mins.

It's a Snap function. Double tap the Xbox button and snap the Game DVR. you'll have to drive with a smaller screen for the game but it can record up to 5 mins.
Or set your game to record 5 minute, then just press record that :D

Tried out the Galant VR-4 last night, and I just barely managed to beat Obelisk by about 9/10 of a second. Kudos to you FastBud! Can remember the time exactly but think I was around 3:07.

My time isn't on the leaderboard because I had already set a much faster time in a ridiculous F100.

I am calling this thing a beater because it understeers, lacks power, and the suspension feels like it's just not quite right. Lots of better options out there!

Finally got around to rallying the Galant on the selected track. I will try to suppress my IRL VR4 Bias :D.

In game I think the VR4 is pretty competitive stock against most of the missile cars that plague C-class. I think the understeer is pretty minor compared to some other cars and the car is has the momentum to get going and stay fast on these high speed trackers with winding curves. The car takes a little while to slow down though for the hairpin turns and I think that is also where I am losing the most time. I managed to throw out a 3:02.866 which almost puts me in the top 200 of the global C-class leader-board of this course, not too bad for a stock car I think.

GetPhoto.ashx(49).jpg

Forza Horizon 3 3_25_2017 12_31_01 PM.png

Last edited:

Ignore the first part as that ended in failure. :D

My only concern on this run is me running wide on the right hander before the first water crossing and going too far from the trail because of it.

Aside from that I felt it was a good run and the Galant held up quite well for most part.

Might settle on it being Neutral as it didn't blow me away, but also didn't irritate me either. :P

Finally managed to get XboxDVR to work, still won't let me edit though :banghead:
Agree with everything peeps say above, it's an ok car not great but by no means bad, down to a 2:59.713

Very impressive time there. :)

Ended up going back and chased your ghost down and pipped it by a whole tenth of a second. ;)

However... I wasn't content with just a tenth, so I loaded my ghost up and went back out there.

First run again was a failure in this video, but it at least shows that I don't just knock out these uber fast times like they are going out of fashion first time out. :D

You freaking madmen...

I've created a sanctuary of aliens. If our winner doesn't get back to me by tomorrow night, I'm punishing you guys with a bad car this week. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm impressed at how much speed you guys are wringing out of this meh-box.

Man, I'm slow compared to y'all. I wad only able to manage a 3:03.717.
33562301201_9a01de1055_c.jpg

This is a bit of a sleeper, apart from the awful brakes. It carries it's momentum through the turns very well and handles surprisingly well.

I'm way in the back of this field. I feel like I should just grab all the corner workers and give them a ride to the finish line while I'm at it.

I'm going to be a RGMOW (Racer Going My Own Way) and call this a sleeper. Compared to what was available at the time, the Galant VR-4 was a surprise and an impressive drive.

Picks the Reliant Regal :mischievous:
We all know that thing's a beater. Why bother? :lol: In other words...

NO.

Let's see who won this week, as we had more entrants than usual.

Congrats, @Vic Reign93!
Vic Reign93: 2:58.612
FastBud: 2:59.713
Bastet: 3:01.540
Overdrive003: 3:03.717
Populuxe Cowboy: 3:06.513
Cowboy: 3:07.120
Obelisk: 3:07.788

...Drat, @Populuxe Cowboy actually beat me this week. Anyways, I did say that I'd punish you silly aliens.

And since our winner hasn't answered...

This week's car is...

ferd.jpg

Honey, I think we're lost.

It's the 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon!

This week's TT is at Maroondah Road Sprint in Byron Bay!

PopuluxeCowboy: 3:06.513
Hey, I got a
3:06.153
! I know it makes no difference to the standings, but I worked hard for that
36/100ths
of a second!

Also, nice choice of car. Time for some black and white photography.

Back