Beating Race Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter brekehan
  • 19 comments
  • 2,941 views
Messages
59
It seems people suggest beating Like the Wind in order to get a race car that will beat the historic race cars. However, Like the Wind is also all race car opponents. As is the All Stars race. I can't find a car that can compete in any of those races :(

What car did you use to even beat the Like the Wind in B-spec?
Or what is an alternate solution under 2 million?
 
Do the B-spec Miata race to get Mazda Furai.
 
To win Like the Wind in B-Spec your best bet is to first win it in A-Spec. You can do this with several different cars. The Furai, The Zonda-R, the ZR1 Rm and others. Once you win this in A-Spec you will get a Minolta race car which Bob can use to win the event and he will win you the Toyota 7 race car which can be used in the Historic event. The first race there is cake but the second one is one of the harder B-Spec races to get a win in.
 
The Toyota 7 was unnecessary for me. I beat Like the Wind with an RM'd ZR1 and did the historic race with a Ferrari 512BB, although you will certainly have to cut corners even with a fully modded 512.
 
Did you do that in B-Spec? Remember the question is about B-Spec. I used a 69 Camaro in Aspec but poor Bob did not stand a prayer in that car.
 
Sorry I didn't catch the B-spec thing. A tree would finish before Bob would in the 512. For B-spec I'd assume that a 7 or 2J is in order, maybe the GT40 if you can modify it at all.
 
I suggest the Formula Gran Turismo. :)

That's seriously what I had to use even for the Level 19 "GT All Stars" series that has all the fast race cars. My fully-upgraded Minolta somehow wasn't good enough... I'm not sure how other people's Bobs did it.
 
My Bob won all the events in the All Stars with the Minolta no real issues there. Just got to keep him calm and get him to the front. I do not remember having any problems getting him there and he won them all on the first try.

The FGT will make short work of them though.
 
B-Spec, I did the grind and dropped 4mil on a Peugeot 908, that was the only way I was winning that challenge, good car helps tremendously. Then I went and cleaned some clock in the A Spec with it, which led to winning the Minolta, you are in business then with those two.
 
I suggest the Formula Gran Turismo. :)

That's seriously what I had to use even for the Level 19 "GT All Stars" series that has all the fast race cars. My fully-upgraded Minolta somehow wasn't good enough... I'm not sure how other people's Bobs did it.

Bob won every race in the all-star series with the minolta. He did have to make a last-lap last-corner pass at Tokyo for the final win. He had been behind the zonda LM for most of the race and just couldn't get by him but they caught a lap car in the final corner that blocked the zonda.
 
B-Spec, I did the grind and dropped 4mil on a Peugeot 908, that was the only way I was winning that challenge, good car helps tremendously. Then I went and cleaned some clock in the A Spec with it, which led to winning the Minolta, you are in business then with those two.
Much cheaper to just go win the Minolta and not buy any LMP cars until much later.
 
I beat Like The Wind Daytona with a fully tuned Tommy Kaira ZZII. ~910kg and 740+ hp, it's a beast! And only about 50-60,000 credits in the used lot! I will warn that it's no good for Indy though =/
 
Do the B-spec Miata race to get Mazda Furai.

I've tried several times with the furai and best I can do is 4th. Maybe I just suck or my tune is off, but I think I need a better car. They take me on the straights, but if I up my max speed then they take me in acceleration.
 
I've tried several times with the furai and best I can do is 4th. Maybe I just suck or my tune is off, but I think I need a better car. They take me on the straights, but if I up my max speed then they take me in acceleration.

Set your max speed to the highest possible, max downforce, lowest ride height, 5.0 camber, -1 toe angle front and rear and just don't let off the gas the entire race. They'll catch up on the straights but as long as you block on the last lap before the finish line you'll win.
 
seems like the FGT is the one car that is essential to beating most of these races in b-spec mode by far without having to babysit b-spec bob.

will i be able to use the fgt in dreamcar championship and all of the endurance races as well?
 
Yes you can use the Formula GT in all those races

But Like the Wind is very winnable with the Toyota 88C-V Minolta in B-Spec
 
And Historic is a walk in the park with the Toyota 7
 
Set your max speed to the highest possible, max downforce, lowest ride height, 5.0 camber, -1 toe angle front and rear and just don't let off the gas the entire race. They'll catch up on the straights but as long as you block on the last lap before the finish line you'll win.

That will make you way too slow. Set max to only 360-370 and downforce to 35 55. Thats how I won, and they didn't catch me on the straights very easily.
 
Yay! I finally beat it with the ZR1-RM. My brother and I made a night of it, trading off every other turn. It took about 60 attempts, lots of frustration at pitting AI cars, and a lot of tuning tweaks, but we finally got it.

Now AI bob is working on holding up his end of the deal with the shiny new minolta.

Thanks for the advice guys.
 
The like the wind can be won with a slower car if you remember to always stay to the inside of the track on the straights which prevents the other cars from getting your draft and will allow you to pull away over time. It also keeps them from hitting you from behind and from braking in front of you when they manage to overtake.
 
Back