Beef's Challenge

• Thread starter RoadBeef
  • 6 comments
United States
Solano county, CA
roadbeef
I think we can all agree that the AI difficulty and skill in GT4:P really sucks the hair off a cat, so what I have been doing recently is challenging myself by trying to catch up to the pack of cars by sitting still in the start of the race.

Much like the McLaren F1 10 lap license race, my premise is to see how long you can sit still on the start/finish on the first lap while still winning the race at the end of the 5 laps.

I encourage others to try this, because I have gotten the most satisfaction from playing GT4:P by racing in this manner. Here are some of my suggestions:

Fuji;
CUSCO Impreza
Wait for 52 seconds before starting.

Fuji;
BMW Concept M5
Wait for 1 minute 12 seconds before starting.

Tsukuba
Lupo (I think Lupo it's called? Maybe Polo) Cup Car
Wait for 28 seconds.

You can also try this on every other track of course by just trying to destroy the AI with a normal start. Start the race a second time after winning once you know the gap you've won by.

Since this is a challenge of consistency and speed, I feel it is a proper challenge for those of us at the GTP Forums. Have fun!

I did this in te Takata dome and won the race by 11.4 seconds... So I gave the other people 11 seconds head start and charged after them... I proceeded to win by 2 seconds...

So I reckon 13 seconds upwards with the Takata Dome on Fuji would be close... 15 seconds would probably be doable too as I didn't do perfect laps...

On a similar note I raced with the Xanavi Skyline and gave them 20 seconds headstart and won by 11... so try 35 seconds for a tough race...

I tried the F1 with 20 seconds headstart and lost by .5 of a second... although I got the last two bends wrong and had to lift off coming onto the back straight... so probably would've beaten him!! I suspect that had I been concentrating better I could've done a lot better too as after two laps I had taken 12 seconds off of the leader then switched off cos I thought that I would easily do it... so that would say to me 6 seconds per lap at least... 5 laps = 30 seconds headstart....

I like this way of racing... although it can be pretty boring at the beginning when you're waiting for it to start!!

You can of course set your own challenges by as Beef says... race the race then the margin you win by can be the handicap you give yourself... then after you win that race... add the winning margin to your handicap and rinse and repeat...

C.

Thanks for replying, Yeti. I'm pleased this topic wasn't totally ignored!

You're right about the boring wait at the beginning... I'll usually kill time by powerbraking close to a replay camera location so later after the race I can watch the rear discs glow as I'm standing still. Especially fun and easy with the M5!

I have a new couple of challenges:

Tsukuba;
CUSCO Impreza
Wait for roughly 26-28 seconds (I got mixed results because every time I knicked a curb I lost time from getting so immediately sideways!)

Fuji;
R34 Skyline
Wait for 1 minute 4 seconds

Here's another challenge for you...

Start a race (any race...) Get to first place... Now drop to last place... now get to first place... and drop to last place... How many times can you go through the places up and down and still win in a 5 lap race?

I've not tried it yet as I've only just thought of it!!

I reckon some of the best cars for doing this in would be the 4WD rally cars as they stay in quite a close bunch... a lot of the other cars spread out a lot and therefore could take you a good couple of laps to retake the leader after dropping back!!

C.

Good ideas fellas. I have been playing around by waiting back on start line, and trying to win the race just to test how i can drive under pressure.

I might have a go at these challenges you guys posted, and see how i go.

Been doing this for ages myself, only because i like to take one car at a time that way i can make some replays look awesome when you switch from taking them on the outside to the inside in a corner at the last second. Too many cars bunched up pisses me off.

Did only one of your tests, first go Lupo on my fav track Tsukuba, too easy.

RyosukeFCDS
Been doing this for ages myself, only because i like to take one car at a time that way i can make some replays look awesome when you switch from taking them on the outside to the inside in a corner at the last second. Too many cars bunched up pisses me off.

Did only one of your tests, first go Lupo on my fav track Tsukuba, too easy.

Agghhhh yes, i love making quick moves to have to make clean passes on other cars, just makes the gameplay much more exciting.

Latest Posts

Back