Beethoven for the Ring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Razzbar
  • 16 comments
  • 989 views
Messages
65
Beethoven, of course. Start the drive with the 4th movement of the seventh symphony, and then go on to the 3rd movement.

The 4th of the fifth symphony is good to start, too. Or to finish if you've done an especially good lap. The 4th of the 5th is all about breaking records.

The 2nd movement of the ninth is good fast touring music also, similar to the 3rd movement of the seventh. If you're doing well, play the 3/7. If you need to catch up, play the 2/9.

I turned off all those "dude tunes" for the game in options. MUST hear the car, but I don't need no jelly head rapper to egg me on at the ring. That's Beethoven's turf! And Wagner, and Mozart, and Brahms... Music inspired by that landscape you're floating over.

Anyone else like classical music for the Ring?
 
If you include the loud noised coming out of all my GT4 cars exhausts as classical music then yes. Personally i have turned all the music off and pretty much everybody i know who plays GT4 has done the same thing.

MC Pikey or Beethoven, it shouldnt be played at the ring! The only sounds you need are those coming from the engine, suspension etc, of your car while you work every last 10th of a second out if it.

Spec....
 
I listen to Doobie Bros. "Rocking down the Highway"
 
Right now its David Bowie - Lets Dance and "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie and the song on my sig :sly:
 
Specialized
If you include the loud noised coming out of all my GT4 cars exhausts as classical music then yes. Personally i have turned all the music off and pretty much everybody i know who plays GT4 has done the same thing.

Spec....

Well, yeah... I do include engine and tire sounds as classical music. I love the sound of the car, and need it to drive well.

In fact, it's a good exersize to drive in silence once in a while.

One of the differences between real racing at a track and driving fast on the road is that in a real race you hear a LOT more noise. If you need to tune into the sound of your engine in order to drive right, you are in for an unpleasant surprise when you get into traffic on a racecourse where ALL the cars are loud and fast.

But I gotta say it helps me to hear the engine and tires, and some good music adds to the enjoyment -- as long as it matches the road.
 
Never tried Beethoven on the ring, I just turn on the radio and listen to whatever's on. Good idea though, I assume it would be kind of relaxing but energetic at the same time.
 
Listen to David Bowie bro lol
 
Ok, I've heard Bowie before, not a bad artist at all.
 
I do it all the time in endurances.
 
Looks very intrigating...hmmm.
I used to have the music off, but actually turning ii up a little bit doesn't do any damage. But now i'm gonna try razzbar's idea, since I like classical music ;)

BTW, doesn't this belongs to the music forum?

Ciao...
 
Second movement of his 7th symphony would be good for fly overs of the Ring. Just to set the whole mood of . . . what have I gotten myself into . . .
 
I turned down the music in GT4 because the sounds the car makes are awesome! Now THAT is music!!
 
Falango
I turned down the music in GT4 because the sounds the car makes are awesome! Now THAT is music!!

Exactly how I feel. I just love hearing the engine rev to it's peak in each gear, and the sounds of the tires screeching on the road - awesome.:)
 
S2000 LM exhaust note is just incredible.
 
I totally agree with those who like the sounds of the engine and tires. Polyphonic has done a supurb job with sound in this simulation.

For tuning a gearbox, it's especially important to listen to the engine. My ear is much better than my eyes on the tach and speedo for finding that "sweet spot" on the power band. When you hear the pitch of the engine increase most rapidly, you know you're on the curve. When you hear a high volume at a low pitch, you know you've got a problem. I love the sound of an engine feathering, ready to just burst when you go to full throttle. I love the chirp of the tires when you spot the brakes going downstairs at Umbria.

What I -really- love is when there's some powerful classical music playing and the sound of the car seems to be in synch with it. As if the car is another instrument in the orchestra.

Lots of people think that all classical music is "soothing" and puts you to sleep. Far from the truth. Much of it is very high energy. The best example I can think of offhand is the 4th movement of Beethoven's 7th symphony. Or the 4th of the 5th, which is a great piece to play when you're feeling there's no hope for the world. Written at a time when some really great ideas were floating around in the world, it's full of optomism and inspiration and energy and celebration. You hear that piece, you know that the race is in the bag.
 
I love using classical music at the ring. It's relaxing and you really feel in sync with the car and the track. I also love listening to the Daiki Kasho music (What to Believe gets me so pumped up!!!). A few of the other songs are pretty good as well. Sometimes, I turn off the music. Though some of the engine noises in GT4 aren't that good. For instance, some of the LMP/Group C cars have old sound samples from back in the Playstation 1 days.
 
Mr. Boy
Though some of the engine noises in GT4 aren't that good. For instance, some of the LMP/Group C cars have old sound samples from back in the Playstation 1 days.


Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Like the Minolta and the Speed 8 sounding almost exactly, if not exactly the same. They're both from totally different eras - a Group C sounds like an LMP? :crazy:
 
Back