Beginer League GTWC Car Selection

• Thread starter jsdore77
  • 7 comments
jsdore77
Hi Guys,

I'm about 16-17% of the way through the game (PAL Version), and having a blast.

I'm sort of stuck on the above race series though. I have been trying to complete it with the Dodge Viper, currently about 830 bhp.

I have found some usefull tips for tuning, and this has made the Dodge much easier to race, and I have actually won nearly half the races now. I just need to get some more practice learning to drive it, particularly breaking way earlier than I think.

Can anyone make a suggestion for a better car choice? I was thinking maybe a rally car considering thats what I'm racing against, but I'm not really keen on saving 300,000 cr

Or should I just keep practicing in the Dodge??

Thanks,

Jeremy

Is there a GTWC in Beginner league? If there is, I can't find it in my notes, which means I didn't record what I used. Sorry.

Are you using a street Viper or the Oreca Viper prize car?

If you don't want to buy a rally car my bet would be winning yourself one, more specifically the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI. You'll get it after beating the Evolution Meeting in the Amateur League, get a nice road going Evo (Evo VI GSR TME recommended) and you should be able to do it after some tuning. The rally version is also a great choice for the rally races. 👍

Hi Guys,

I'm about 16-17% of the way through the game (PAL Version), and having a blast.

I'm sort of stuck on the above race series though. I have been trying to complete it with the Dodge Viper, currently about 830 bhp.

Can anyone make a suggestion for a better car choice? I was thinking maybe a rally car considering thats what I'm racing against, but I'm not really keen on saving 300,000 cr

Or should I just keep practicing in the Dodge??

Thanks,

Jeremy

OK let's assume you are in the Amateur League & you brought your Viper , it would not be a good choice because you will be racing against Jtcc & LM cars with down force & they will blow your Viper away big time .
If it was me I would de tune the Viper to around 600 BHP & enter the
Euro C/Ship [it should go in] & save your game after race 4 & just start the last race & quit & keep restarting your game until you win the Gillet Vertigo race car & find a good setup for this car . Use the same Mem card trick in the GTWC to win the GT1 road car as it can be almost as good as the GT1 Race Car . BTW there are good guides in this Forum for all the races in GT3 .💡

Cheers from fellow Brisbanite
Ozi

Actually started on GT1 way back in the day, then kind of grew out of my playstation. Got a PS2 a number of years later but never really had time to play it. Picked up a PS3 last year when they first game out and got right back into gaming. Making up for the lost years. Recently picked up GT3 & GT4 as I wanted to get back into GT and couldn't wait for GT5 any longer. :-)

Actually started on GT1 way back in the day, then kind of grew out of my playstation. Got a PS2 a number of years later but never really had time to play it. Picked up a PS3 last year when they first game out and got right back into gaming. Making up for the lost years. Recently picked up GT3 & GT4 as I wanted to get back into GT and couldn't wait for GT5 any longer. :-)

Cool & GT3/4 will play on your PS3 ?[the oldest one ] I actually bought the PS2 for my kids & now I have taken it over LOL I even dusted off their old PS1 & fired up GT 1/2 & found GT1 the hardest of the 4 , but keep coming back to GT3 as I like the way the cars handle & the tracks look better to me .
Cheers Ozi

Back