Beginner question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jawbreaker
  • 5 comments
  • 252 views
Messages
1
France
France
For some background, I used to play iRacing a lot and I was fairly good but I am not used to Gran Turismo at all no matter what so I would like to ask two questions, what should I have my TC and ABS set to? The rest of the assists are off. ( Also, i play on a fanatec gt wheel and base and pedals)

The car I usually drive is gr supra ( the gt3 if I'm not wrong)

And my priority is just lap times/time trials for now

Thank you in advance
 
Pre the current physics update I would say start on TC1 if you wanted, but it's not really needed anymore.

ABS I just have it set to default.
 
For some background, I used to play iRacing a lot and I was fairly good but I am not used to Gran Turismo at all no matter what so I would like to ask two questions, what should I have my TC and ABS set to? The rest of the assists are off. ( Also, i play on a fanatec gt wheel and base and pedals)

The car I usually drive is gr supra ( the gt3 if I'm not wrong)

And my priority is just lap times/time trials for now

Thank you in advance
TC off is the way to go. I'm using ABD weak, but you have to practice the late braking. You can play around with default and weak to see which you prefer. That one has no solid answer.

The ABS off is unquestionable. I don't know how anyone plays with it on and reaches their peak performance.
 
I'd argue there is a time and place for TC1 or even TC2 especially on cars which get the most torque fairly low in the rev range, as well as in wet conditions or worn tyres. Really depends on the car, track and tyres though.
 
For some background, I used to play iRacing a lot and I was fairly good but I am not used to Gran Turismo at all no matter what so I would like to ask two questions, what should I have my TC and ABS set to? The rest of the assists are off. ( Also, i play on a fanatec gt wheel and base and pedals)

The car I usually drive is gr supra ( the gt3 if I'm not wrong)

And my priority is just lap times/time trials for now

Thank you in advance
Yeah, TC off is definitely the go, but for ABS I'd recommend having a play around with that yourself, it's hard to drive with it off
 
Welcome

My go to are

ABS weak (I have played around with default, just dont like it) and off is a wild ride ;)
TCS off, but there are some circumstances I will toggle it to 1 (water, tyres buggered etc)

All the best with it
 
Last edited:
Back