Benchmark at 1440p - can anything get 90fps min?

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by whitedragon1, Jan 7, 2015.

1. whitedragon1

whitedragon1

The Oculus Rift is likely 1440p or above and requires 90fps minimum frame rate.

Could you post what fps do you get at 1440p in low/ med/ high settings ?

( also post any benchmarks you know of if they are of a recent build )

Thanks

2. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

That'll take a pretty darn good piece of equipment. I understand it may not work with SLI/Crossfire, so I doubt my single 970 would even do the trick on any decent settings.

3. whitedragon1

whitedragon1

What fps do you get on your 970 at 1440p on med and high details ?

4. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Zero actually, I'm not a PCars member:lol: But reading the boards here and there, and studying the benchmark tests of other graphically demanding games, I know that 1440p and high settings will be extremely hard on the system. Perhaps a member might be able to help you if one happens to read this.

5. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

For high you will need at least two high end video cards. For medium probably as well. 90 fps at that resolution is a big task. Low you may be able to get away with one, but I can't say for sure since I don't have 1440p screen. On a 1080p with 780ti (a little faster than 970) I get mostly 60+ fps, but with a lot of cars and rain it drops to 50. That's with mostly ultra and some high settings.

6. whitedragon1

whitedragon1

eek , thats what I feared. If you are getting 60fps at 1080p on a 780ti then 1440p should be 40fps (generally 1080->1440 = -1/3) . So even perfect 2x SLI scaling would top out at 80fps.

Lets hope they nail the game optimisation before release.

7. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

They did quite a bit of optimization already. I'm also running ds2x AA, which is like downscaling a higher res image down to 1080p. So it's probably close to 1440p without AA (or rather with smaa or fxaa). So I think two cards should be able to handle high settings and get you 90fps. But that's still more than a thousand bucks just for the video cards alone, on top of 300-400 for the oculus.

8. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Last I read, they don't recommend dual cards due to some increased latency issues, but that was a while ago.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  9. Willfred_1

Willfred_1

It depends wether your running SLI or crossfire. From what I have heard in some cases crossfire works better than SLI. I'm not sure why but for some games this is the case

In PC currently their is a growing trend that you need twin gpus to get the max graphics.

10. whitedragon1

whitedragon1

Lets hope nVidia get VRSLI working by GDC and everyone implements it into their games.