bentley speed 8 rave

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 5 comments

nomis3613

Premium
Hi,
After trying to manhandle either the RCP92 or Pescarolo C60 (not sure which... repressed memory...) around Fuji, my TV was at risk of having a DS2 thrown into it! The engine was either bogged down or making ridiculous unuseable power, once you picked a line for a corner there was no adjusting it, coming into a turn slightly too fast meant massive understeer and it just didn't want to know about turning while braking. So I thought I'd have a go with the Bentley Speed 8 that I'd recently won at Circue de Sarthe.

What an awesome car!!! I think the main difference is the engine, the torque curve is soooo flat, so I was actually able to run the car without any TCS which is unheard of it cars with this much power. Tyres wear nice and evenly, it turns-in like a dream and the balance even with the stock settings was pretty close to spot on. It may not be as fast as the Minolta, for example, but wow I know what I'd prefer to be driving.

Of the LM-esque cars, sure the Minolta is quicker. I found that by running front tyres 1 setting softer than the rears and stupidly high front camber (4+ degrees) on the Minolta you can get it useable for enduros by curing the understeer and not have it become a twitchy beast as the rears wear quicker. But still, the Bentley is a much much more enjoyable car to drive! An often-overlooked gem, I reckon.

This should be in the regular GT4 section rather than the Tuning section.

But anyway, the Bentley is pretty fun to drive. And I thank you for starting a thread that actually has a purpose, unlike most other new members.

Hmm, I've never had any issue with the Pescarolo or the R92C. But I agree, the Bentley Speed 8 is an LMP driver's dream- solid handling and powerband, as you said. Although personally, I prefer the Toyota TS020.

Is it really? I ask this because I was planning to B-Spec the 24 hour endurance just to get this car, and then A-Spec it. I'm very happy to know that many of you classify it as a great car. If I recall correctly, though, the car had driving aids on the Super License test, which is making me hard to get an idea of its real handling.

Thanks for the replies. When I got the email saying there was a reply from someone called "Minoltaman89" I was thinking "oh no, I'm sure I've upset him/her and I'm gonna get flamed". Great to see I was wrong about that! And, yes, when ultimate speed is the goal, I will still jump in the Minolta.

Codename L, if you find B-spec Bob is crashing into the wall for no reason on the Circue de Sarthe II 24 hour, it's a bug in the PAL version of the game. There's a huuuge thread here devoted to it, but basically you need to increase the ride height and soften the springs.

PS I found out about the Black Edition used cars the other day. Mmmmmm. Then I went into the game to see what day I was up to. 703. Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

Last edited:
Back