Bentley Speed 8 Tune

• Thread starter LeGibby
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Nuzhuz
Does anyone have a decent suspension tune for Bentley Speed 8? As soon as I start messing with the suspension settings the car starts DARTING all over the place - this car is unruly!

Please - someone give me a good alternate suspension tune for this car because I know I'm not deriving its full potential

I'm also looking for some good tuning / settings. She is a little wild. I know in GT5 there were some good settings that made her a blessing to drive. Anyone? Anyone?

ok, just did some tuning based on a gt5 post for speed 8 and worked great. so here are settings as a starting point (where default I have left off):

tyres rh/rh
ride height 70/60
camber 1.5/1.0

toe -0.02 / 0.15
brakes 4/1
high rpm turbo fitted
downforce 570/800
acrive steering strong
traction 2
asm on
abs 2
skid recovery on controller steering sensitivty 5

Knocked Bathurst lap time down to 1:53 and I'm not the world's best driver either.

Let me know if you find better settings.

Last edited:
yea I noticed the same thing... Speed 8 was great in GT5... I ran it pretty much stock for the longest time and never had a problem... GT6 it feels kind of all over the place... BUUUUUT it also does feel more powerful than it was in GT5... from what my memory serves me, I don't think the stats changed but it just feels "livelier" both in a straight line and around the corners... I'll give this tune a go tomorrow after work and report!

ok, just did some tuning based on a gt5 post for speed 8 and worked great. so here are settings as a starting point (where default I have left off):

tyres rh/rh
ride height 70/60
camber 1.5/1.0

toe -0.02 / 0.15
brakes 4/1
high rpm turbo fitted
downforce 570/800
acrive steering strong
traction 2
asm on
abs 2
skid recovery on controller steering sensitivty 5

Knocked Bathurst lap time down to 1:53 and I'm not the world's best driver either.

Let me know if you find better settings.

Awesome guys! Thanks! I'm gonna give this a shot - and yeah eba let me know what you make of the tune as well....this car def feels like it has the potential to be the fastest lmp car if I could just get her straightened out!

well i tried that tune out and used the gt world championship for testing

i thought the rh adjustment was interesting and a good solve for the 49/51 weight distro which was probably causing a lot of that snap oversteer. i felt that it was a bit much though so i set it at 65/60. the transitions into and out of corners was a bit odd too so i increased the front camber and i also did a bit of playing with the dampers. the brake setting is spot on, for me.

anyway i tweaked a few other things and got it to really run well. the way i have it set now its REALLY fast and tremendously quick in every part of a track, but it is a bit tricky in the high speed stuff when you suddenly come on boost with the high rpm turbo. the best solution i have for that is either more traction control (not the best idea) or longer gearing, and i think gearing is the answer, but it has to be some specific tuning of the 3-4-5 gears. that would be a set up specific to max power on this car

so yeah no one probably read that because i'm a huge nerd.

here's my final settings for it (for now), super fast, a little bit demanding but nothing like the insanity of the stock settings

suspension
65/60
16.5/18.2
4/5
4/5
5/5
1.4/0.5
0.02/0.15
brakes: 4/1

trans: auto set to 255 mph

lsd no tweaks (could def be turned up)

max aero

i think there's a fair amount to be got out of the dampers and roll bar settings as well as the lsd and some fine tuning of the gearing, at least for max power set ups. this car can be REALLY REALLY REALLY fast if someone takes the time to really go through it. the game is still pretty new to me though and so many cars i haven't played with yet, so i'm not gonna fine tune this for a bit.

hopefully someone else runs with it because this car is really potent, it just seems they've bottled up the potential a bit.

I'm going to bump this thread, I tried Westsliders set up but didn't really find it any improvement over running it stock, actually I found it to be alot hard to maintain a constant pace lap after lap... anyone have any better tunes?

I'm trying to set it up for Silverstone but am lost!! >.<

I find that notching down the damper compression one unit and increasing the extension one unit on front and rear helps the darting.

I used westsliders set up and it helped but it was still breaking loose when the power was coming on during corner exit. I played with the LSD and came up with this:

Initial torque: 15
Acc. Sensitivity: 6
Braking sens: 20

I found that this allows the car to come into power on corner exit without snapping loose suddenly. It does slow your corner speed a little because it's a little tight through the corner but your exit speed will be faster and thus your straight speed as well. Now, it's not 100% perfect, it will act like it's gonna get loose a little bit but it will come back to you. It definitely is much more manageable. I was able to run a 2:04.15 at Spa on RH tires with TC at 5 and ASM off. Hope this helps

This is with standard power, no upgrades. I just ran With the high rpm turbo installed in 2:02.05

Last edited:
Back