Bespoke Endurance Events in GT2!

• Thread starter Matej
  • 12 comments

Matej

Premium
Croatia
Zagreb
Thanks to @Xenn and @Pupik's cheat codes for GT2 I managed to create a completely new set of endurance events for my own pleasure. You can read about my journeys down below.

To create something on your own all you have to do is select one of the several grids of opponents that are available in the endurance hall and replace the track hosting it with another of your choice. For extra pleasure, alter number of laps or increase difficulty of the rivals battling you. In this case I used Pupik's site for track change codes and Xenn's lap modifier (805D589B 00XX).

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse - 30 Laps

This was a fun little race. In spite of seemingly short duration, the race still demanded at least one pit entry due to the fact tires were working all the time and no room to rest was given with all the corners repeatedly coming one after another. As you can see from the results, it was a nail-biting race to the very last lap.

Corsa_Pits.png Corsa_Results.png Corsa_Crowd.png Corsa_Pursuit.png

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse - 48 Laps

The above Autumn Mini race with the "Corsair" was so enjoyable I had to repeat the event once more using different car and more laps. This time I picked up a four-wheel drive Sirion CX. It proved to be more trustworthy on corners, but at the cost of response and power delivery. Being a front-biased car I had to make one pit stop once again, much like my opponents. The Elise guy was a real bastard, it cleared all 48 laps without switching tires once.

Sirion_Results.png Sirion_VS_Megane.png Sirion_Player.png

Grindewald Reverse - 40 laps

This was my personal attempt to mimic a recreational endurance event starring vintage cars. The Seattle 40 lap endurance grid was an obvious choice for this mission, but it's very hard to get a grid filled with classic muscle cars only. I was lucky enough to get the grid with four muscles after only three attempts.

In spite of being very easy on tires (I changed my "shoes" only once, at the half point, other folks had to do it two or three times, depending on the car), the Elise couldn't keep up with them. I had to pay attention not to steer to much so that I don't lose more speed than necessary. Perhaps if I didn't make any mistakes, I could have beaten that Challenger. We'll never know.

Elan_Pits.png Elan_Results.png Elan_Climbing.png Elan_VS_All.png

Deep Forest Reverse - 60 laps

I had such a great time battling with the two RUFs. During first twenty laps or so I thought I wouldn't be able to beat the Esprit, let alone anything else. But as the race kept enrolling, the skill to preserve your tires from excessive wear while keeping the same pace proved to be a crucial factor for moving up the ladder.

Taurus_Pits.png Taurus_Results.png Taurus_Cornering.png

Seattle Short - 50 laps

To set a fast lap on this course, you really have to focus on your steering inputs. Because the track is so small, everyone involved in the race breathes down someone's neck. Amusing, two identical Jaguars, but with completely different pace of driving.

Tommy_Pits.png Tommy_Results.png Tommy_Pursuit.png Tommy_Angle.png

Red Rock Valley Speedway - 50 laps

Perfect environment for an everlasting high-speed thrill. The track is very easy on tires, so any excessive pit stop can have a huge impact on your ranking. I don't remember how exactly I managed to finish ahead of the '97 R390 and the GT-One, but I do know it must have been a stroke of luck as I had a disadvantage being in a heavier car.

Viper_Results.png Viper_Wheel.png Viper_Pits.png

Rome Night - 36 laps

I didn't find this race to be as addictive as the previous ones. It was very easy to predict the outcome since all the cars had the same pit intervals and pretty much identical pace of driving. At times everything felt like a classic rubber banding career race with more laps in play. This surely is a great track for an endurance event, but it needs a different selection of AI opponents.

Legacy_Pits.png Legacy_Results.png Legacy_Pursuit.png

Last edited:
I must’ve missed this, nice post Mateji. Can you quote those codes you used in that thread? I wanna try that myself too, looks incredibly fun to do.

I must’ve missed this, nice post Mateji. Can you quote those codes you used in that thread? I wanna try that myself too, looks incredibly fun to do.
I now remember I actually used @Pupik's cheats to change tracks, and Xenn's cheats to alter lap counter. That combo worked perfectly for me, here you go:

Required Laps Modifier
805D589B 00XX

Change track - here

Just make sure you check whether AI cars can enter pit zone without getting stuck. The reason I used reverse layouts of certain tracks is because on normal layouts AI cars would hit a barrier or miss a pit entry. Aim for tracks that don't curve too much around the pit entry point, otherwise AI may miss it. That's a reason why I'll never be able to make an endurance event on Super Speedway, the entry to the pit zone is so narrow and difficult to aim for that AI cars simply can't drive in properly.

For my next return to the game I would like to customize my own grid of cars. I heard it can't be done with cheat codes, Hex editor needs to be used. I have seen people doing it, would anyone be able to post a short tutorial how to do it?

I now remember I actually used @Pupik's cheats to change tracks, and Xenn's cheats to alter lap counter. That combo worked perfectly for me, here you go:

Required Laps Modifier
805D589B 00XX

Change track - here

Just make sure you check whether AI cars can enter pit zone without getting stuck. The reason I used reverse layouts of certain tracks is because on normal layouts AI cars would hit a barrier or miss a pit entry. Aim for tracks that don't curve too much around the pit entry point, otherwise AI may miss it. That's a reason why I'll never be able to make an endurance event on Super Speedway, the entry to the pit zone is so narrow and difficult to aim for that AI cars simply can't drive in properly.

For my next return to the game I would like to customize my own grid of cars. I heard it can't be done with cheat codes, Hex editor needs to be used. I have seen people doing it, would anyone be able to post a short tutorial how to do it?
You should try GT2+ mod for Super Speedway 99 laps Endurance and AI car pit entry will not stupid, untested, never tried it but you could try it for at least :)

You should try GT2+ mod for Super Speedway 99 laps Endurance and AI car pit entry will not stupid, untested, never tried it but you could try it for at least :)
How is it different from normal AI? I clearly doubt they could manage to avoid hitting the wall since its tricky even for a human to do it, unless someone has done extensive modding just for this particular track. And what is GT2+ mod?

How is it different from normal AI? I clearly doubt they could manage to avoid hitting the wall since its tricky even for a human to do it, unless someone has done extensive modding just for this particular track. And what is GT2+ mod?
This is GT2+. It does not touch A.I. paths at all, so I have no idea what Allen is talking about.

Last edited:
Required Laps Modifier
805D589B 00XX
I found the accuse of this cheat Lap Mod for GT2 Plus Mod, even I did right using Hex calculator and I ended up in Autumn Ring. Well, some of banners or sponsors have missing and no personal track records. I was called "Unfamiliarity Autumn Ring". No matter how many times I try or 01 to 63, the result is the same, no required lap change and that's it :(

And change track was worked in GT2 Plus Mod and I can race with not-so-long course to finish the race in a hurry. Good for 5 laps and Manufacturer Event :)
Works in USA but not Japanese
:gtpflag:

Back