Best 550 pp Truck or SUV?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MOPARbarrett5
  • 15 comments
  • 1,242 views
Messages
4,930
United States
Kentucky
Messages
barrett5
Messages
BarrettMopar
One of the races in the XTREME ENDURANCE LEAGUE this Saturday is 550 pp trucks and SUVs at Twin Ring Motegi road course. I want to use my Ram, but I don't know if it will keep up with the best vehicles. Really this is two questions: Will the Ram 1500 keep competitive with other trucks and SUVs at 550 pp (and if it can't) what is the best 550 pp truck or SUV?
 
The RAM is fine but I would recommend a Toyota Tacoma.
Also, does 550pp SUVs include a detuned XR-PHEV?
 
The Ram is the only pickup that is AWD right? I prefer the Lightning. :)
 
I can't speak to capabilities when upgraded (and hopefully tuned) to 550PP, but the Tacoma is without question the best out of the box on all manner of track. Upgrading the Tacoma and the Lightning to Ram's PP (without tuning) puts both of them above it, due to its weight and considerable understeer. Detuning the Ram and the Lightning to the Tacoma's PP puts the Tacoma head and shoulders above the both of them. I'd wager the Tacoma would be the one to choose.

Then again, I didn't even consider SUVs as the title mentions. And I won't--I haven't done the same kind of comparison.
 
At Suzuka, the Toyota Tacoma is faster than the Ford Lightning, which is faster than the Dodge Ram. I tested all 3.

Not sure which would be faster at Motegi, but my money's on the Toyota.

If you can use the Land Rover Evoque, that's actually the quickest. Maybe the Infiniti FX45 but I haven't tested it.

Ram - 2:34.201

5.7L
340 hp / 5,400 rpm
373 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
2,390 kg / 410 pp

Lightning - 2:33.099

5.4L
379 hp / 5,000 rpm
450 ft-lb / 3,500 rpm
2,132 kg / 442 pp

Tacoma - 2:31.253

4.0L
245 hp / 5,600 rpm
282 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
1,687 kg / 414 pp

Evoque - 2:30.671

2.0L
239 hp / 5,400 rpm
251 ft-lb / 2,000 rpm
1,640 kg / 412 pp
 
Last edited:
Is the Silverado SST allowed? If yes, it's a great choice, but I don't know how it drives because the only truck I've used was the Ram in GT5.
 
Is the Silverado SST allowed? If yes, it's a great choice, but I don't know how it drives because the only truck I've used was the Ram in GT5.
Yes it is allowed.
 
I just got a 2:23.966 with the Infiniti FX45 Concept at Suzuka. This SUV sounds incredible and performs amazingly well. It's almost as quick as the Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07, I'm talking a few tenths of a second.

FX45 - 2:23.966

4.5L
340 hp / 6,500 rpm
333 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
1,500 kg / 457 pp
 
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the SST. Oh well.
 
After 2 laps around Suzuka in the SST, I managed a 2:28.096 or well over 4 seconds shy of the Infiniti FX45.

SST - 2:28.096

6.6L
488 hp / 5,500 rpm
499 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
2,268 kg / 474 pp

So in order from best to worst truck/SUV in GT6 (at least at Suzuka)

Infiniti FX 45 Concept '02
Chevrolet Silverado SST '02
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04

Are we missing any?
 
After 2 laps around Suzuka in the SST, I managed a 2:28.096 or well over 4 seconds shy of the Infiniti FX45.

SST - 2:28.096

6.6L
488 hp / 5,500 rpm
499 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
2,268 kg / 474 pp

So in order from best to worst truck/SUV in GT6 (at least at Suzuka)

Infiniti FX 45 Concept '02
Chevrolet Silverado SST '02
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04

Are we missing any?
The other Range Rover and the Audi Pikes Peak.
Mazda somethingorother.
Toyota RSC may or may not count.
I keep thinking of them so I reserve the right to amend this. :lol:
 
Tested the Mazda MX-Crossport '05 stock on Sport Hards like the others, and got 2:29.983 putting it at the #3 spot between the Chevy and the Land Rover.

255 hp / 6,000 rpm
280 ft-lb / 3,000 rpm
1,600 kg / 426 pp

At 1,250,000 credits, the Audi Pikes Peak won't be getting tested anytime soon by me :(

The Range Stormer however, is 500,000 credits and I'll be able to grind Route X for that tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
Fair enough. :lol:
 
I sold my Enzo for a Toyota RSC lol...

2:24.945 puts it in second place behind the FX45.

276 hp / 5,500 rpm
333 ft-lb / 3,500 rpm
1,350 kg / 449 pp

The Audi Pikes Peak is going to be the clear winner with over 500 pp stock.
 
I hope you backed up your save so that you could restore it--unless you didn't want that Enzi. :lol:
 
I did back up the save a few days ago but idk if I'm going to restore it lol I prefer the 430 Scuderia over the Enzo anyway :P
 
Back