Best Album of 2006! Poll!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 19 comments
  • 1,251 views

Best Album?

  • Alexisonfire - "Crisis"

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Amorphis - Eclipse

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anti Flag - For Blood And Empire

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Audioslave - Revelations

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Billy Talent - Billy Talent II

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Black Label Society - Shot To Hell

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob Dylan - Modern Times

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dilated Peoples - 20/20

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dirty Pretty Things- Waterloo to Anywhere

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dramagod - Love

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Drop Dead, Gorgeous - In Vogue

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evanescence - The Open Door

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Embrace - This New Day

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles of Deathmetal - Death by sexy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Easy Star All-Stars - Radiodread

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferry Corsten - L.E.F (Loud Electronic Ferocious)

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forever Never- Aporia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get Cape Wear Cape Fly - "The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager"

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Hundred Reasons - "Kill your own"

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Flames - Come Clarity

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Incubus - Light Grenades

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Jay Z - Kingdom Come

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Jehro - Jehro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Mayer - Continuum

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Mayer Trio - Try!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jurassic 5 - Feedback

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Justin Timberlake - FutureSex LoveSounds

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasabian - Empire

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KT Tunstall - Eye To The Telescope

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Lamb Of God - Sacrament

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lost Prophets - Liberation Transmission

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Mastodon - Blood Mountain

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mc chris - dungeon master of ceremonies

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moneen - The Red Tree

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • NOFX - Wolves in Wolve's Clothing

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Optimus Rhyme - School The Indie Rockers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peeping Tom - Peeping Tom

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Radio 1 - Live Lounge

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Razorlight - Razorlight

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Rick Ross - Port Of Miami

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Rise Against - The Sufferer and The Witness

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Sam Roberts - Chemical City

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sandi Thom - Smile...It Confuses People

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Sikth - "Death of a Dead Day"

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skillet - Comatose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slayer - Christ Illusion

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snakes On A Plane Soundtrack

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Soul Position - Things Go Better With RJ and Al

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Stereolab - Fab Four Suture

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strapping Young Lad - The New Black

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sway- This is my Demo

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swollen Members - Black Magic

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tech N9ne - Everready (The Religion)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • T.I. - KING

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Apparitions - As This is Futuristic

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • The Black Keys - Magic Potion

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • The Fall of Troy - The Fall of Troy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Feeling - 12 Stops and Hom

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The GAME - Doctor's Advocate

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Heritage Orchestra - The Heritage Orchestra

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Killers - Sam's town

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Kooks- Inside in/Inside out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Mars Volta - Amputechture

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • The Roots - Game Theory

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Subways - Young for Eternity

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Tragically Hip - World Container

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Who - Endless Wire

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Zutons - Tired of Hanging Around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thom Yorke - The Eraser

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three Days Grace's -One-X

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Thursday - A City By The Light Divided

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Petty - Highway Companion

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tool - 10,000 Days

    Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Trivium - The Crusade

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Weird Al Yankovic - Straight Outta Lynwood

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Wolfmother - Wolfmother

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Young Jeezy - Can't Ban The Snowman (Mixtape)

    Votes: 2 4.8%

  • Total voters
    42
  • Poll closed .
Wot no poll?
 
Sorry. Alot of problems occured. I've had to enter it three times because of errors during my alphatizing it. It's up now, and I have put Lamb Of God back up because the count of 101 was due to Tool's 10,000 days being put in twice... It's all fixed now. ready for voting.
 
Oh god, I can't believe 10,000 days is winning already... how sad...

The problem is that this is all mainstream music for the most part. You need to go into the Indie scene to find the good stuff. I just listened to an experimental Indie band called Man Man last night and was blown away. It would have gotten my nomination and vote.

http://myspace.com/wearemanman
 
Oh god, I can't believe 10,000 days is winning already... how sad...


Roll and eyes. 10,000 Days is a great album, regardless of the fact that it was released on a major label.
 
Audioslave and Trivium got my votes. 👍
 
Roll and eyes. 10,000 Days is a great album, regardless of the fact that it was released on a major label.

No, I thought it was horrible and unpleasant to listen to.

Same goes with Audioslave's new album, so bland and uninteresting.
 
Ok I voted my 2

RHCP - Stadium Arcadium
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

This goes against my original nomination for Kasabian but the Snow Patrol album has really grown on me since.
But overall I'd say RHCP is the best album in the past 5 years yet alone 1! :scared:


IMO ;)
 
Ok I voted my 2

RHCP - Stadium Arcadium
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

This goes against my original nomination for Kasabian but the Snow Patrol album has really grown on me since.
But overall I'd say RHCP is the best album in the past 5 years yet alone 1! :scared:


IMO ;)
In my opinion, Stadium Arcadium was a mediocre album. Every song sounds the same, and they've drifted to the complete opposite end of their funk/punk roots, and it makes me cry inside. Flea's bass mastery should be put towards Funk, not bland, lame alternative rock...
 
I never really got into the Chili's until this album and I always found their older stuff sounding the same, I don't think this with this album :indiff:

Each to their own I say, so we'll agree to disagree ;)
 
In my opinion, Stadium Arcadium was a mediocre album. Every song sounds the same, and they've drifted to the complete opposite end of their funk/punk roots, and it makes me cry inside. Flea's bass mastery should be put towards Funk, not bland, lame alternative rock...

I'm disagreeing. I've been a fan of the Chilis for 7 years and have all of their albums. I love their early stuff, it is legendary work, but i really don't think Stadium Arcadium is a mediocre album.

Whilst i agree they really aren't a punk band any more, the funk is still there: Charlie, Hump de Bump, She's Only 18, Warlocks, So Much I and Storm In A Teacup. Sure it isn't anything like BSSM (or earlier), but can you really expect them to still rail out the same style 15+ years later (?) I say the album deserves more respect because they've managed to produce some great music and move their style on.

As well as the funkier tracks mentioned above, songs like Snow, Stadium Arcadium, Slow Cheetah, C'Mon Girl, Especially In Michigan, Desecration Smile, 21st Century, She Looks To Me, Make You Feel Better, Turn It Again and Death Of A Martian really make this album a perfect display of the new Chili's style (and they really don't all sound the same :grumpy:)

I assume you didn't much like Californication either as it's pretty similar stuff all in all so the lack of 'dirt' on this album can't be a surprise. And surely getting Stadium Arcadium after the generally less-accepted By The Way has to be a plus.

Whether or not it really is the best album of the year is to be seen, but as a fan of the band and the alt.rock/funk genre it certainly hits all the right spots for me.
 
I'm disagreeing. I've been a fan of the Chilis for 7 years and have all of their albums. I love their early stuff, it is legendary work, but i really don't think Stadium Arcadium is a mediocre album.

Whilst i agree they really aren't a punk band any more, the funk is still there: Charlie, Hump de Bump, She's Only 18, Warlocks, So Much I and Storm In A Teacup. Sure it isn't anything like BSSM (or earlier), but can you really expect them to still rail out the same style 15+ years later (?) I say the album deserves more respect because they've managed to produce some great music and move their style on.

As well as the funkier tracks mentioned above, songs like Snow, Stadium Arcadium, Slow Cheetah, C'Mon Girl, Especially In Michigan, Desecration Smile, 21st Century, She Looks To Me, Make You Feel Better, Turn It Again and Death Of A Martian really make this album a perfect display of the new Chili's style (and they really don't all sound the same :grumpy:)

I assume you didn't much like Californication either as it's pretty similar stuff all in all so the lack of 'dirt' on this album can't be a surprise. And surely getting Stadium Arcadium after the generally less-accepted By The Way has to be a plus.

Whether or not it really is the best album of the year is to be seen, but as a fan of the band and the alt.rock/funk genre it certainly hits all the right spots for me.
I respect your opinion more than most on this board, donbenni, so I did a quick run through of the album again, since I hadn't heard it since early November.

You're right, it does display a lot of funk, I don't know what album I was thinking about when I said it lacked funk. I've only listened to the whole thing twice before. And I can clearly recall not being blown away and shelved it. The length of the thing is a real turn off for me. I like short but sweet albums, with The Crane Wife by The Decemberists being a notable exception.

I need to listen to albums more before coming to conclusions... :indiff: I've recently wanted to get into reviewing music as a hobby and maybe getting my website off the ground, but I guess I don't have what it takes to review music...
 
Everyone knows that Soul Position and Tool rock the show like an old lady rocks a chair.
 
Voted for Stadium Arcadium ... couldn't choose another :p
 
I voted for Rise Against - The Sufferer and The Witness and Billy Talent - Billy Talent II. :)
 
Alright, only one more day left to vote. Get those final votes in, and I will post up the poll with the top 5 tomorrow, and after that the top two will get one more vote.
 
Stadium Arcadium kind of makes me nauseous whenever I listen to it now. 👎

Optimus Rhyme ftw.
 
Meh, I have stuff to do tonight and tomorrow night. I wouldn't expect a new poll until possible Thursday night.
 
Ok, the new poll will be up in a few minutes. It will include 4 this time, and go on to two in the third poll.
 
Back