Best AWD drift tune?

• Thread starter coolbheezy
  • 27 comments
Ireland
Dublin
cool_bheezy
First off: If you don't like drifting AWD cars.. then this is NOT YOUR THREAD! This is strictly for AWD drifters. Let's see if we can better these beasts' reputations. If you have a comment on someone's tune you wish to share.. include your experience using it, and be sure to post your own tunes. I'll start..

Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Power: 475 bhp
Weight: 1329 kg
Performance Points: 532

GT Auto

Paint: Red
Wheels: Prodrive GC-010G
Wheel Paint: White
Aero Kit: Front - Type A
Engine Overhaul
Chassis Maintenance

Parts to buy

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Differential
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Front - Comfort: Medium
Rear - Comfort: Hard

Settings:

Weight Adjustment
Ballast Amount: 160
Ballast Position: 50

Transmission (Top Speed first, then Final Gear, then gears.)
1rst Gear: 2.929
2nd Gear: 2.034
3rd Gear: 1.513
4th Gear: 1.177
5th Gear: 0.959
6th Gear: 0.817
Final Gear: 4.583
Top Speed: 162
It'll give you a top speed (at top) of 165 mph.

LSD
Initial Torque: 5/60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5/60
Braking Sensitivity: 5/60

Torque Sensing Center Differential
Front/Rear Torque Split: 10/90

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment: -20/-25
Spring Rate: 5.6/3.8
Dampers (Extension): 7/7
Dampers (Compression): 7/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber Angle: 3.5/.5
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.35

Brake Balance: 4/2

Tires
Front: Comfort- Medium
Rear: Comfort- Hard

Driving Aids
ONLY ABS: 1
Everything else off.

Fairly easy car to handle. Most drifts will be in 3rd gear. Slower, tighter drifts in 2nd. Faster drifts in 4th..

Feel free to critic, this is my first post and I've just recently started drifting in this game. This tune gets me 20,000+ points in Côte d'Azur without very much effort.

Last edited:
Let's see if we can better these beasts' reputations.

Only way to better the reputation is if the game allowed us to do drivetrain swaps. having a 10/90 split isn't enough, you're still getting power to the front wheels.

Only way to better the reputation is if the game allowed us to do drivetrain swaps. having a 10/90 split isn't enough, you're still getting power to the front wheels.

Yea, that'd be great. I've heard Forza lets you.. why cant GT5?? but my setups actually easy to swing the back around into the drift and I think the little bit of power up front helps with control some.

Maybe because they are 2 completly diferent things. While the GT5´s drivetrain torque distribuition is a eletronic feature to manipulate how many torque is sent to each wheel (that´s why AWD and not 4x4) where naturaly it could be done on most modern AWD cars without mechanical alterations, the Forza´s drivetrain swap is a modification more radical, changing the original purpose and caracteristics of each car. It´s more a cultural option of each game than if it is doable or not.

But i still believe that in GT6, Kaz will reconsider it. I guess there is nobody against to see this in the game. Me for exemple, would expand my garage at least trice, and before AWD to RWD conversions, i would play around the FWD to RWD, because some FWD cars looks good, but are completly useless for me.

Its almost like have the carrozzeria mode from Sega GT, where you could build your car from the ground and use any layout, weight distribuition, body design and engine caracteristics you wanted.

EDIT: About your setup, i guess you should review your LSD. There are something missing therel. For a more effective 10/90 mod is necessary modify the LSD on both, not only the rear.

+1 👍

Toky Drift much... at least the Evo in Tokyo Drift was actually RWD converted.

Yea because the only reason I can like red evos or supras is because of the fast and furious movies? That's why I hate those movies cause now you can't just like a car that happens to be in one of those movies without people talkin about the movie. They had red evos way before that movie came out. Not everybody's on the f&f bandwagon man some people actually love the cars because of the cars alone.

Yea because the only reason I can like red evos or supras is because of the fast and furious movies? That's why I hate those movies cause now you can't just like a car that happens to be in one of those movies without people talkin about the movie. They had red evos way before that movie came out. Not everybody's on the f&f bandwagon man some people actually love the cars because of the cars alone.

No offence.. That just gets pretty annoying

So does this double posting..

Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

It drives like a 350hp Rwd car (that feels like it has a tiny bit too much front grip)
This is maxed with Mid-Range Turbo btw.
Power 397 (more after break in) Weight 1119

Tires: CH/CH
Transmission: Everyone likes this different
Torque Split: 10/90
LSD: Front 5/5/5 Rear 60/60/35
Ride Height -25/-20
Springs: 3.0/3.0
Dampers Ext: 2/2
Dampers Comp: 10/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/1
Camber: 2.2/1.0
Toe: 0/0
Brakes 5/0

You sure can't take a joke well huh...

And those training wheels are exactly why people like me frown upon them. :lol:

Yea because the only reason I can like red evos or supras is because of the fast and furious movies?

I haven't seen a "FnF" movie with a red Evo (I've only seen the first and it was enough) and I don't particularly care for red Evos. Hmm. :lol:

Yea I know, that's why I included what I said at the beginning. I made this post because while it is "frowned upon", there ARE people like me that do drift AWD cars in this game. This thread is for us, not those who frown upon it as I clearly stated. I made this thread as a drifting thread.. so I'd really like to stay on the drifting subject.

Given that 4wd "drifting" is disliked by a great number (perhaps the majority) of those on GTP, you may need to decide for yourself whether it's the best or not or how it can be improved. That being said, everyone drives differently and everyone drifts differently, and tunes aren't easily shared by those who take it seriously.

Car Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
Drivetrain 4WD
Horsepower 837bhp@8900rpm
Torque 562ft-lb/7400rpm
Weight 1313kg
Miles 36.4 Miles
Performance Points 635
PARTS
All parts, excluding chassis reinforcement. I'm using comfort hard tires (set spoiler to lowest value if you use it)

BODY/CHASSIS
Aerodynamics
Downforce 0/0
Weight Balance 0/0
Power Limiter 100%
TRANSMISSION
1st 4.289
2nd 3.303
3rd 2.613
4th 2.141
5th 1.770
6th 1.502
Final 2.656
Top Speed 149mph / 240kph
TORQUE SPLIT
FRONT REAR
Front Rear 10 90
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
FRONT REAR
Initial 5 12
Accel 22 25
Braking 29 33
SUSPENSION
FRONT REAR
Ride Height -17 -17
Spring Rate 10.0 12.3
Extension 4 4
Compression 2 3
Anti-Roll 4 5
Camber 3.3 1.7
Toe -0.32 0.10
BRAKES
FRONT REAR
Brake Balance 8 9

I think this tune is by far the best awd tune, its by shmogt.
If you find it difficult to handle change split to 20/80 and use comfort medium tires ( that's what I'm currently using )

Tracks like Suzuka circuit tap the throttle and on all other maps full throttle through corners. I hope this helps

I'm typing with an iPod so if there's any speeding mistakes just ignore it

Car Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
Drivetrain 4WD
Horsepower 837bhp@8900rpm
Torque 562ft-lb/7400rpm
Weight 1313kg
Miles 36.4 Miles
Performance Points 635
PARTS
All parts, excluding chassis reinforcement. I'm using comfort hard tires (set spoiler to lowest value if you use it)

BODY/CHASSIS
Aerodynamics
Downforce 0/0
Weight Balance 0/0
Power Limiter 100%
TRANSMISSION
1st 4.289
2nd 3.303
3rd 2.613
4th 2.141
5th 1.770
6th 1.502
Final 2.656
Top Speed 149mph / 240kph
TORQUE SPLIT
FRONT REAR
Front Rear 10 90
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
FRONT REAR
Initial 5 12
Accel 22 25
Braking 29 33

SUSPENSION
FRONT REAR
Ride Height -17 -17
Spring Rate 10.0 12.3
Extension 4 4
Compression 2 3
Anti-Roll 4 5
Camber 3.3 1.7
Toe -0.32 0.10
BRAKES
FRONT REAR
Brake Balance 8 9

I think this tune is by far the best awd tune, its by shmogt.
If you find it difficult to handle change split to 20/80 and use comfort medium tires ( that's what I'm currently using )

Tracks like Suzuka circuit tap the throttle and on all other maps full throttle through corners. I hope this helps

I'm typing with an iPod so if there's any speeding mistakes just ignore it

The bold text is wrong, or just not ideal.
LSD should be 5 5 5 front and 5 60 60 rear.
Positive 30 front toe. Less grip when turning, and the car is more prone to weightshifting.

LSD should be 5 5 5 front and 5 60 60 rear.
Positive 30 front toe. Less grip when turning, and the car is more prone to weightshifting.

LSD should be however the user feels it best puts the power to the ground--or doesn't. Having said that, an open initial torque setting will increase traction by limiting the amount of power transferred to a slipping tire. Higher (re: locked) initial torque will keep both tires spinning regardless of slip.

LSD should be however the user feels it best puts the power to the ground--or doesn't. Having said that, an open initial torque setting will increase traction by limiting the amount of power transferred to a slipping tire. Higher (re: locked) initial torque will keep both tires spinning regardless of slip.

Ask a majority of people in the drifting forum here and I bet they say that 5 60 60 is a nice LSD setting and in most cases, the most ideal LSD setting as it is as locked as the diff can be to better simulate the locked diffs used in real life..

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203009

As said there, higher initial torque values decrease maneuverability in very much the way that locking a differential does. The handling compromise is due to an emphasis on traction over differentiation between the left and right side. Any time you have torque transferring from one side of the differential to the other in a drifting application, the inside tire will get less of it and cause a decrease in smoke and angle.

I was given a very well-thought-out tune some time ago when I was trying to learn to drift, as I couldn't maintain any sort of slide long enough to figure out what the car needed, and that tune consisted of 6/15/15 LSD values, but I have since moved on to a 60/60/5 setup for the vast majority of my tunes due to its initial torque's and acceleration sensitivity's abilities to keep both tires smoking for longer periods of time and the deceleration sensitivity's ability to allow for increased off-throttle oversteer come time to initiate or connect drifts.

The point I was really trying to make, and it may have been overshadowed by the snide remark, is that everyone drifts differently and their tunes reflect that. No tune can be the best for everyone (doubly so for 4wd tunes as far as I'm concerned).

Back