Best BMW M3 to buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter k4show
  • 25 comments
  • 2,589 views
Messages
64
Messages
Hyperbole371
Which one out of the 2003, 2003 GTR and the 2007 would be the best to buy?

Thanks
 
The absolute best would be the GTR, but it is also the most expensive.
 
M3 GTR is the fastest of the road versions. That doesn't answer your question exactly, but the term "Best" is pretty subjective.
 
I apologize for using the term "best" as it is subjective, but in your opinion. I'm having a hard time finding the GTR or any of them in the used car shop, is it best to look to our marketplace? (sorry I'm new at this)
 
The GTR is by far the best street legal BMW but the racing version GTR is even sicker. 👍
 
It really comes down to which one you like the best. They can all be tuned and upgraded (or not) to be very fast.
 
They all drive outstandingly so it doesn't really matter.
 
Okay thanks for the insight! Dumb question but say I'm looking for a particular standard car and its not in the used car lot, where do I look for it? (assuming it can't be won in a race)
 
Okay thanks for the insight! Dumb question but say I'm looking for a particular standard car and its not in the used car lot, where do I look for it? (assuming it can't be won in a race)

Every time you enter a race 6 new cars come around in the UCD so you'll eventually find what you're looking for.

You can also get cars from trading in the marketplace section of the forum or tickets.
 
I like them all from the 2002, to the Z4, to this one, which is my current favorite. Yes, I have the GTR, CSL, GTR Racecar, etc. But, you can just buy these from the New Car Dealer and have a premium. I've run this one around Nurburgring in the 6:40s, so it's competitive with a CSL at 550PP.

Bern-MarketStreet.jpg
 
I've use Trial Mountain to tune my cars and at 500pp, the GTR is two-tenths quicker than the CSL. At 550 I still need to run the GTR, but the CSL is currently my fastest at 550pp (faster than the NSX-R, Ford GT, 458 Italia, etc).

On a subjective note: based upon my tune for each vehicle, the CSL is easier to drive balls to the walls without the rear end sliding out. The GTR is a little more tail happy when I drive it 100% but when everything clicks, the GTR is slightly faster. I tend to use the CSL more often since I can run laps more consistently than the GTR.
 
The GTR is the best, I just got it myself :)
 
I like all of them and have them all, and as for the best? yes

HTH
Indy
 
all the M3's have worth. although i'm personally not a fan of the e92 yet.

the GTR also has better braking than the CSL. so there's that.

my favorite M3 of all of them (and i have multiple versions of every one in different states of tune) is the plain old e46 with full mods, full weight reduction, a rear wing, and RM tires. 454hp and moves like it should. for a more mellow drive i'll grab the GTR with a bit of tune and weight off (Stg 1) and that's about it.
 
Don't be unoriginal and get the M3, not the M3 CSL or the M3 GTR, that is what I did :p
 
The GTR and for a lower pp M3 I like CSL.
 
I'd say the M3 Ute but it isn't in the game :(
 
They're all great and cheap.
They do show up in the Used dealership fairly often, as recommended check after every event or so as it refreshes.
For now have a go at building the e92 M3 into GTS spec (search on here and hopefully you'll find some of the instructions) it's a nice all round stable car. That said I do wish the e92 sounded less like a hair drier in the game.
 
They're all great and cheap.
They do show up in the Used dealership fairly often, as recommended check after every event or so as it refreshes.
For now have a go at building the e92 M3 into GTS spec (search on here and hopefully you'll find some of the instructions) it's a nice all round stable car. That said I do wish the e92 sounded less like a hair drier in the game.

I ended up buying the e92, and looking at that GTS it looks like a fantastic looking car. I'm going to turn my M3 into GTS spec.
 
All of them are great, as many have said. Try seeing it this way: try and get the M3 GTR Race Car, and one or two M3 road cars to tune to your liking.The M3 CSL is the best for me.

I bought them all multiple times, just because I'm such a sucker for M3s. Allways one tuned for me, and a stock one to dream about. Be aware that the premium E92 is a bit too heavy to hang with the CSL and GTR road car. I bought it because it's my dream car but I can't afford it in real life (yet! mark my words!:sly:).

I think I have a spare M3 CSL if you want it.
 
That would be great, I'd really appreciate that. Send me a friend request, my psn is Hyperbole371
 
I ended up buying the e92, and looking at that GTS it looks like a fantastic looking car. I'm going to turn my M3 into GTS spec.

I actually have a GTS spec car but modified after that into the:
BMW ///M3 GTS Nurburgring Nordsheliefe edition!!!! my favorite car in the game, but I got all GTS NN ed mods for my NCD BMWs, currently have all BMW's in game!!!
 
I actually have a GTS spec car but modified after that into the:
BMW ///M3 GTS Nurburgring Nordsheliefe edition!!!! my favorite car in the game, but I got all GTS NN ed mods for my NCD BMWs, currently have all BMW's in game!!!

Very nice, whats NCD stand for? Also out of all the beemers, what one's your favourite?
 
That would be great, I'd really appreciate that. Send me a friend request, my psn is Hyperbole371

Ok I'll do that when I get off work this evening. That should be this afternoon for you by the time you read that :)
 
Back