Best Capture to play video game

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions. I'm planning to purchase TV tuner/capture card. Last time I purchased a capture card, the response was too slow (it would take a second to respond if I pressed a button using PS2 controller) I want to purcahsed a card where I would be able to watch TV, play video games, and record it. I'm tight on budget, I saw some capture cards on the www.newegg.com

Thanks,

No capture card is fast enough to play video games on. Capture cards are not designed to do that. If you want a good capture card to record video, watch TV, etc., check out cards from AVermedia or Hauppauge.

Check Price Grabber for the lowest prices.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/

Viper Zero
No capture card is fast enough to play video games on.
However, a 3d graphics card with ViVo is more than capable and is what I use to play GT4 on my PC monitor.

Viper Zero
No capture card is fast enough to play video games on. Capture cards are not designed to do that. If you want a good capture card to record video, watch TV, etc., check out cards from AVermedia or Hauppauge.

I don't know why people think Capture Cards can't be used to play video games. There a lot of videos from games that people have made that wouldn't be possible if there were any sort of lag from the Capture Card.

Here's a video that I made, and I have a computer with 128mb of Ram and an outdated video card.

What capture card are you using?

If it's a video card with video input, then forget about it. A GPU has much more processing power than a dedicated capture card.

I still wouldn't try to play a game on a capture card. It might play great with your system, but for others, the lag is too much, including me.

I am using FlyVideo 2000 and play PS2 games with DScaler
de-interlaced and no lag
not to mention my pc is only 1.5GHz with 256M Ram
and my video card is just a geforce mx

Back