Best car for Laguna Seca?

The event has no restrictions of any kind and the opponents use JGTC GT500 cars. If you want to do the race very easily I recommend the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak or the Suzuki Cultus Pikes Peak. If you want an equal fight instead, take one of the JGTC GT500 that you like. (I managed to do the whole endurance without problems with my beloved Takata Dome NSX GT '99, to which I do not recommend it unless you are a professional driver.)

I would also recommend Mitsubishi FTO LM.

To expand on @Overload_35's point, if you aren't comfortable with the JGTC cars but would like to use one, the best one(s) for beginners is the '99 Nissan Skyline GT-Rs, i.e. the Pennzoil Nismo, the ARTA Zexel, the Unisia Jecs or the Calsonic Skyline. I think I've used all of them at some point but it's been quite a while.

However as stated before, there are no restrictions so you can use whatever you like.

Taking the Escudo, Cultus, GT-One, R390 GT-1, Speed 12, Cerbera LM, RX-7 LM, (R)XJ220, Venturi 600 LM etc would all be too easy and you'd have no challenge.(well maybe with the Speed 12 if you can't handle it if you can like me it's almost as bad as the Escudo) Even a skilled player will find that taking a GT500 class JGTC car for this will develop too far a lead and be bored around lap 20 something. For a good time take a GT300 car like the RE Amemiya RX-7 or Autobacs Apex MR-S or a fully tuned road car like the 1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL(or as the game calls it GT-Turbo) the race will be close and will go by faster.

Last edited:
Back