best car in the gamePS4 

England
southport
Ive had the game since release, and I truly think the clio is best car to drive, handling and everything, its brilliant, whats everyone else`s fave..?
Screenshot-Original (960 x 540).jpg

I put ps4 as header, but I have it on both ps4 and xbox1, currently playing on xbox1 with the thrustmaster tmx, and think its superb.

Ive had the game since release, and I truly think the clio is best car to drive, handling and everything, its brilliant, whats everyone else`s fave..?View attachment 632022

I put ps4 as header, but I have it on both ps4 and xbox1, currently playing on xbox1 with the thrustmaster tmx, and think its superb.

The Clio is one that I struggled with - I'll have to go back and try it again.

I have two favourite cars - 1. the 1959 Aston Martin DBR1/300 - realistically wayward and 2. the BMW E30 M3 Group A - great sound and enough grip that you can be quite forceful, especially on corner exit. I hope these two get some extra rivals in PC2 as the Aston is in a class of one and the BMW is in a class of three - they are so good that they deserve more competition!

First favorite, is the Ginetta G40 Jr.- Great practice and race car at every track. It's a car I would definitely own, to drive on the street and take to the track, on the same day. :)

Second is the Sierra. I had to narrow it down from the E30 and Mustang GT4. I love the attitude of the suspension on the RS500. With its weight, I can manage braking, corner entry, mid-corner and exit smoother than in the other Gr.A cars. I'm addicted to it's straight line speed, but the punch from 1st-2nd-3rd gear, make me smile every time.

First favorite, is the Ginetta G40 Jr.- Great practice and race car at every track. It's a car I would definitely own, to drive on the street and take to the track, on the same day. :)

Second is the Sierra. I had to narrow it down from the E30 and Mustang GT4. I love the attitude of the suspension on the RS500. With its weight, I can manage braking, corner entry, mid-corner and exit smoother than in the other Gr.A cars. I'm addicted to it's straight line speed, but the punch from 1st-2nd-3rd gear, make me smile every time.

I love the Sierra, but I find the Mustang GT4 very difficult to drive - my favourite GT4 car is the Ginetta.

I love the Sierra, but I find the Mustang GT4 very difficult to drive - my favourite GT4 car is the Ginetta.
That's the trait I love and hate about it. Like in Shift1.
I love the trade off with each GT4 car. There's a bit of argument in one of the PC2 threads, about testing cars on the 'Ring. I want the Ginetta handle as it does, the Aston to be the alrounder, the Mustang to be the big brute.

I dig the Aston. I'd drive it all the time, but it's too good.

I'm not into the AM Rapids only because it's a hybrid that doesn't fit with GT4.

The GT86 is nice from the cockpit, but it's not only slow, it's not planted like it should be.

I have fun with the Ginetta. The liveries, handling, sound, view of the fenders to aim at the corners, make it a joy. Being overtaken on the straights is not a problem.

No argument ;)

One of my favorites to drive anywhere is the Mercedes CLK-LM. I loved it before I even knew what it was when I had a matchbox car of the road car version. Back then it was just the coolest looking car I had.

No argument ;)

One of my favorites to drive anywhere is the Mercedes CLK-LM. I loved it before I even knew what it was when I had a matchbox car of the road car version. Back then it was just the coolest looking car I had.
That and the DTM CLK, are the only Mercedes I haven't sampled. It was cool to drive in the old NFS Hot Pursuit PS1(?)- damn it's been a long time. I'll try the LM first. 👍

I love the Formula C open wheeler. It has a Motec style display so it doesn't show the steering wheel in cockpit/helmet view (with it turned off of course) which I find to be more realistic. It handles great and has reasonable power and it make great noise. Wish it had either DRS or some type of KERS so I could play with some buttons on the wheel but, oh well :lol:

I love the Formula C open wheeler. It has a Motec style display so it doesn't show the steering wheel in cockpit/helmet view (with it turned off of course) which I find to be more realistic. It handles great and has reasonable power and it make great noise. Wish it had either DRS or some type of KERS so I could play with some buttons on the wheel but, oh well :lol:
More realistic but totally ruins pictures :)

I love the Clio as well. I find it really easy to drive and I can get the most from it. I enjoy the Ginetta Junior too, but I haven't raced them all that much.

I tend to play with the smaller cars... but always go back to this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I know it's a pig, handles terrible, and technically guzzles the fuel. . . I just love watching the replays after I have run this thing. I have one on my RC car as well!! :lol:

ry%3D480

And btw, I know the title of the thread is "best car in the game".
For me that's the Formula A. . . It's the fastest, best handling car.
The Caddy is my best. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a bit of a controversial pick considering the amount of amazing machines present in the game. But my favourite car in Project CARS is easily the Renaultsport RS.01

Handles nicely, the GT-R engine produces an incredible sound, and it's fun to drive in 40 car offline multi-class GT racing.

My favourite livery is the black/orange playseat sponsored scheme.

It's been a while since I last played it but these are my favorite cars in each class:

Prototype:
LMP1: Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro
LMP900: Audi R8
LMP2: Oreca 03
Proto 2: Radical SR-8
Proto 1: Palmer Jaguar JP-LM

Grand Touring:
GT1X: Pagani Zonda R
GT1: McLaren F1 GTR
GT3: Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
GT4: BMW M3 E92 GT4
T/A: Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO