Best car tuners?

I'm looking to "follow" any recommended car tuners.
I'm not the kind of person that can be arsed with tuning a car myself, so I usually download a tune and try it out.
Just wondering if there is anyone on this site that's recommended or how do you search for the best ones...?

I wouldn't claim to be the best, but I've been tuning in Forza since FM2 and have quite a few tunes shared. If there's something you want specifically that I don't have tuned yet, you can send me a message and I'll get it done. GT is JeffKill.

I've been getting great results with raceboy77's tunes. I don't know whether he's the best though. Currently using @IceMan PJN's wet and dry Subaru BRZ tunes in career.

I'm looking to "follow" any recommended car tuners.
I'm not the kind of person that can be arsed with tuning a car myself, so I usually download a tune and try it out.
Just wondering if there is anyone on this site that's recommended or how do you search for the best ones...?
Daywalker2032 - I don't have a lot yet, but they seem to work pretty well and go pretty fast. (I think)
((I added you last night))

I get my tunes from the Leaderboards.

• Get in the car you want a tune for.
  • Go to Free Play, Track Selection
  • Head to Catalunya National and look up leaderboards.
  • Download some tunes from the top of the board.
  • If that circuit doesn't have a lot of entries try another.

Common people I see on the lists are JB Lionheart, JSR LeeCampbell, Raceboy77, BAM Myst, ERS 40oz Method and GTZ Liquid.

I’m using a BAM Skyline tune on one of my Aston Martins. Maybe the GT12(?). Around Suzuka it is GLUED to the road.

I don't understand why when searching for vehicle 'tunes' it doesn't show you what's been altered. It shows the ratings, and I can tell what performance wise is better or worse. I just don't want to download someone's "tune" and all that's been tuned is that some of the parts have been changed around. I can do that. I would like to experiment around tune wise, but I found it a bit hit and miss. Anybody know how to mess with the gear ratio? I could never really figure that out and feared screwing it up somehow. I would like to be able to make certain cars quicker off the line, and others where they don't "wind out" at top speed, to kinda stretch that out a bit. Know what I mean? I tried tuning back on Forza 1 and 2, and maybe GT1 and 2, but never had any real success and found it easier to just live with the way it was. But when racing online, I can clearly see a difference in other cars, especially accelerating after turns. I will look up some of the top tuners. I remember GTZ Liquid from many of the Top leaderboards over the years. I'd love to hear some tuning tips from experienced tuners though.

I don't understand why when searching for vehicle 'tunes' it doesn't show you what's been altered. It shows the ratings, and I can tell what performance wise is better or worse. I just don't want to download someone's "tune" and all that's been tuned is that some of the parts have been changed around. I can do that. I would like to experiment around tune wise, but I found it a bit hit and miss. Anybody know how to mess with the gear ratio? I could never really figure that out and feared screwing it up somehow. I would like to be able to make certain cars quicker off the line, and others where they don't "wind out" at top speed, to kinda stretch that out a bit. Know what I mean? I tried tuning back on Forza 1 and 2, and maybe GT1 and 2, but never had any real success and found it easier to just live with the way it was. But when racing online, I can clearly see a difference in other cars, especially accelerating after turns. I will look up some of the top tuners. I remember GTZ Liquid from many of the Top leaderboards over the years. I'd love to hear some tuning tips from experienced tuners though.
They don't have the ability to see horsepower ratings anymore? That was a good enough gauge for me before as I'd usually compare handling to what I'd expect is a low/high rating compared to the cars that I built myself, and use the power to gauge if it was a build focused on handling, speed, or both.

As for gearbox tuning, I tend to not upgrade it for most cars as they are more than adequate for the homologated class they're in, but if I had the ability to I would just make changes depending on how long or short I wanted some gears to be. Launching is a non-issue to be honest, and should be the least thing you worry about as that usually only happens once per race anyways. I would put your focus on other areas, in my opinion.

Tuning is not that hard, the build and how good the driver is are what makes the fast, fast.

To change the gear ratios you need to have either a sport or race transmission installed on the car. The sport tranny lets you alter the final drive only where as the race transmission will let you alter each gear individually. However, unless the ratios are really weird most people leave them as is.

Lots of experienced tuners around here, anything in particular you're looking for?

As I said above, the main thing to concentrate on first is the build, i.e. Which parts to add for the track you're going to be racing the car on, the tune comes second.

Last edited:
You also need tunable parts, in order to tune. If a car is quicker with something other than racing suspension, you can't tune the suspension. If it's quicker without a racing transmission, and those points used elsewhere, you can't adjust the gearing.
There are so many build options, it's more important to nail that down than strictly tuning.

LSD doesn't add any points, and can be a wonder.

Back