Best cars in every category for a newbie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scuudz
  • 10 comments
  • 1,775 views
Messages
295
Hello everyone,

I just got back into the world of GT with GT5 after playing the first one for hours and hours all those years ago. Now with online racing being a big component of the game, I have been having a lot of fun with it. However, as you all know, a lot of the online races have hp and weight restrictions to keep things fair and interesting.

I would love to discover the best cars in each hp and weight category on my own, but the only way to do this would be to again spend hours and hours buying and testing cars, and spending lots of credits in the process (which I find pretty hard to come by in this game).

So, I was wondering if any of you more experienced folk would kindly be willing to impart your knowledge of what cars you think are the best in each category with say a minimum weight of 1200kg and < 250hp and increasing increments of 100 hp, meaning 1st category - < 250hp, 1200kg minimum, 2nd category < 350 hp, 1200 kg minimum and so on.

I use a controller so a car that handles well is especially vital for me. I can handle a little bit of oversteer (thats the back losing grip and fish tailing out, I think?), but understeer totally kills my driving style.

Any help is appreciated!
 
Hmm, generally, the easiest cars to drive are the 4x4s. However, most of them understeer somewhat. Usually, for unexperienced players, understeer is much more manageble than oversteer. Strange.

Golf GTIs and Ford Focus ST are great for beginning. They understeer, though.
Audi TTS is a nice step up in performance, then, etc.

After that you should try something RWD if you like oversteer - maybe RX7 or something similar.

Upping the performance, easiest super cars to drive are the AWD Lambos and Ferrari 430 Scuderia and 458 Italia.

The GT-Rs are very easy to drive, but understeer, unless specifically tuned. Nevetherless, great beginner fast cars, and excellent value for money.

IMO, you cannot go too wrong with any car from the new car dealerships. Everyone has its charm.
 
Thanks for the reply.

So far, I have found the 458 Italia the easiest super car to drive. (I only have a Gallardo to compare it against though)
 
he Honda Integra Type R is a brilliant FF beginner car.

The 430 Scuderia is better than the 458 but not by much.

For me, the Lamborghini Murcielago is rubbish because it understeers unless you can be aggressive and slide into the corner a bit.
 
Only drove the Murcie SV on that night challenge race. It was quite the nightmare. Not to mention that you could hardly see anything!

The Gallardo was better, but nowhere near as good as the 458.
 
If everyone drives the same car it wont be fun, so my advice is go to the tuning forum and check for tunes that got good feedback. Try one tune, see if it fit your driving style, if it does, you can try other tune from the same tuner, otherwise, just change garage.
There's everything that you need in forum and you have to remember that you can actually take off some part so a 450HP subi 22B can turn to a 420HP subi or a 380HP subi so yeah once you find a good car it can cover a good range.
Oh and try to have fun online when you race. You dont need to win to have fun. At least I dont.
 
I think the Impreza is the best overall beginners car! It handles like a dream and has still a bit of potential in the power department.
 
Haha trust me if I only had fun when I won, then I would have stopped playing GT5 a long time ago!

Thanks for the advice!
 
4wd default cars setting in GT5 seems to make them understeer quite a bit. So since you seems to like oversteer more I would rather direct you into a FR or MR car. RX-7, S2000, Elise, NSX-R are rather good competitor if you arent looking for race car. Otherwise on the race car departement, at start from 250 to 340 there's the lotus RM, for 340-460HP go with a GT300 car tuned, then jump to the GT500 wagon, can last tuned up to 600HP, then it's LMP, RM Cars.
 
Yea, I agree. I havent driven the STI yet, but the EVO X didnt suit me to my great surprise. Out of all the cars you mentioned I have the Elise, and a GT500 car (Xanavi Nismo GT-R). I haven't tuned the Lotus all the way yet, but I like the way it handles, and Xanavi is awesome.
 
Back