Best Controller Settings For GRID (2019)

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After being a bit disappointed with the default controller settings for the game out the box (as it seems many people have tweaked them), as well as trying various other settings, I’ve finally found some settings that that for me are definitely the best I’ve found. Main credit to Braga on YouTube for these.

Controls:

Input Bindings:
Steer Left/Steer Right Deadzone: 5 (Saturation default 100)

Only other changes I made was to map ‘Cross’ for Gear Up and ‘Square’ for Gear Down as I’m using manual gears.

Advanced Input:
Steering Sensitivity: 88
Steering Linearity: 2

Vibration & Feedback:
Everything cranked to maximum 150 as the vibrations in the game are quite muted on a controller.

Gameplay:

Difficulty: (Most of these are personal preference but the main 3 are these)...
ABS: 2
Traction Control: 1
Stability Control : 1

Hope these settings help anyone new to the game that felt a bit frustrated by the default handling controls and can help them get some enjoyment out of the game.

I just recently starting to fiddle with the gamepad settings (Xbox) and I've found that reducing tyre slip (from 100 to 75) and collision (from 100 to 90) has improved my experience. But I will try your settings!

I just recently starting to fiddle with the gamepad settings (Xbox) and I've found that reducing tyre slip (from 100 to 75) and collision (from 100 to 90) has improved my experience. But I will try your settings!

sounds cool. I’m not too sure if there’s a difference between the controller vibrations between Xbox and PS4 but for me on PS4 it feels very muted even on max. Can still feel minor vibrations and feels good but had to crank mine up. I was initially put off by the default handling and controller settings and was fiddling around for ages trying to find something that felt good to me but then stumbled across the YouTube video with the settings I’ve got above. Really made the game a huge amount better for me and having a blast dipping into it every now and again

It's the haptic feedback triggers on the Xbox, you get most of the braking feeling through there. Also individual tuning is important, For RWD I usually soften the springs, send brake bias to the front and prefer long gear ratios.
EDIT: I have tried your steering settings and I like them, much more responsive!

Last edited:
It's the haptic feedback triggers on the Xbox, you get most of the braking feeling through there. Also individual tuning is important, For RWD I usually soften the springs, send brake bias to the front and prefer long gear ratios.
EDIT: I have tried your steering settings and I like them, much more responsive!

Sounds great. I’ll have to delve a bit deeper into the tuning and setups of the cars and see what works. I have to credit the YouTube video by Braga for the settings. Had tried countless of settings online and from other videos but those definitely felt the best for me.

Back