Best Day Ever!

• Thread starter Mr_Torque
  • 14 comments
Finally beat Mission Stage 6-8 30 lap endurance race to get all Gold on the Mission Challenges. The wheel went round for my all gold prize car and I got the Mazda LM55 VGT. I was so happy it wasn't another Tomahawk! Exited to the main screen to receive my daily reward and the Cobra was in the mix. I got it!!!!!!!! I was so close to buying it but I thought I'd wait a week or two. Today was even better then yesterday when a found the Mustang GR3 Road Car in the mileage rewards.

Today i had my best day in sports mode since i got the game. I did 16 races on Miyabi without any mistake or contact.
Adding the 6 races from yesterday my counter is now at 22 clean races in a row. :D

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171130204954.jpg

In my opinion 15 clean races in a row is the hardest achievement in GT Sport.
You can´t race like you usually do and have to watch your mirror more than the track in front.
Also there are many situations where you can´t defend your position and have to let your opponent pass to avoid dangerous overtakings.
I was lucky my qualifying time was good enough to start either from P1 or 2, so i could avoid to fight in the main field.

Today i had my best day in sports mode since i got the game. I did 16 races on Miyabi without any mistake or contact.
Adding the 6 races from yesterday my counter is now at 22 clean races in a row. :D

View attachment 696061

You can´t race like you usually do and have to watch your mirror more than the track in front.
Also there are many situations where you can´t defend your position and have to let your opponent pass to avoid dangerous overtakings.
I was lucky my qualifying time was good enough to start either from P1 or 2, so i could avoid to fight in the main field.
Especially on Myabi it’s not easy getting not bumped in the last sharp turn i was able to follow you but couldn’t pass you always pulled away

Finally beat Mission Stage 6-8 30 lap endurance race to get all Gold on the Mission Challenges. The wheel went round for my all gold prize car and I got the Mazda LM55 VGT. I was so happy it wasn't another Tomahawk! Exited to the main screen to receive my daily reward and the Cobra was in the mix. I got it!!!!!!!! I was so close to buying it but I thought I'd wait a week or two. Today was even better then yesterday when a found the Mustang GR3 Road Car in the mileage rewards.

I’m still trying to get gold on this...
If you don’t mind me asking-
What is your strategy?
Did you use any TCS/ABM?
Fuel setting?

I watched a YouTube and followed a 7 lap pitstop schedule on 1 fuel setting. The best I achieved was 5th...
Worse thing is that It takes an hour to complete and it seemed that I was always 0:40 behind the leader...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

What is your strategy?
Did you use any TCS/ABM?
Fuel setting?

I watched a YouTube and followed a 7 lap pitstop schedule on 1 fuel setting. The best I achieved was 5th...
Worse thing is that It takes an hour to complete and it seemed that I was always 0:40 behind the leader...

You don't need to change fuel consumption. That's probably why you never caught up. All I did was use the same pit schedule as the leader and the same tires

It's funny because I always feel like of all the cars in the wheel, I always end up with the worst of them all car lol
During the demo I got screwed over like never before! On one occasion in particular I remember there being a Toyota TS050-HYBRID, which I of course wanted desperately, a Nissan GT-R LM NISMO, a GTbyCitroen Gr. 3 and I think a McLaren Ultimate VGT. What did I get? Another Mazda MX-5.

Only time I got to try an LMP1-H was during a Sport Mode event which gave me a selection to pick from. Ah memories...

Hopefully I have more luck with the full game come Christmas!

What is your strategy?
Did you use any TCS/ABM?
Fuel setting?

I used the seven lap strategy and super soft tires. TC 3. Pushed hard the whole way and was forced to pit on the last lap for a splash. I switched between fuel setting 1-2 a few times to try to save fuel. I also spun on lap 25 and thought I was done. I had tried a 3 stop strategy with FS 6 previously with no luck. You can pit so quickly at this track you're better of just running hard. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I’ll try it again when I can get an hour or so without interruptions...

I understand about spin-outs. That gray wall on the right hand turn (after the elevated turn) really behaves strange. Even if I hit it on the slightest of angles- it will spin me around 180 degrees!! Does that seem right, or is it a “punishment” for driving badly. One time it stopped me cold!!

Oh well, try and try until I get it.

Thanks again!

View attachment 696061

If you're watching the mirrors more then what is happening in front of you, u can't call it racing anymor ;-)

Back