Best F1 tires

• Thread starter rxero
  • 19 comments
i was wondering are any of the F1 tires better than the others?? I forget which ones I have been using but I use the same for all my cars. Is there a better set? also is there a way to make a FF car pull REALLY hard. like an 12000hp mid engine car u know how they rocket from like 130-300. i been working on an integra... just never feels fast. anyone have integra setups that make it go REAAAALLY Fast? and i'm using F1 tires on it and that is part of the reason I created this thread. Well thanks for your help :)

I can not personally tell the difference between the F1 tires someone else might I just use the F094/S as a default as for your FF question I can't answer that I'm not into the FFs, but Chaos, gt40 or anthonysinatra could probably help you.

I made a Mugen Civic type R drag car with F1 tires up front, and normal tires in the front. It also had a turbo from an Alto Works.:D I don't think the F1 tires are as good for drag, seeing as they are only medium tires. I would put some super softs on there, to help it put the power to the ground.;)

The F1 tires are classified as medium-compound, but they have the most grip in the game, even moreso than race car super-softs. You have to keep in mind, that in real life, F1 tires has immense grip, so they may be classified as medium, but that's only because they are being compared to other F1 tires, not non-F1 tires. They definitely have the most grip in the game.

i prefer supersofts on a 4wd set up cause it looks better than f1 wheels and it handles about the same, but if you were to get a fr, mr, or rr set up definitely go for f1's no matter how stupid the cars gonna look :D

I think the question was what the difference between the different tyres from the F1 cars... i.e. Is there any difference in lateral grip levels on the tyres from the P001 compared to the P002, F094/S, F094/H, F090/S, F688/S, F687/S and F686/M?

I can't answer this at the moment, but I may look into it... It's an interesting question.

Originally posted by anthonysinatra
i prefer supersofts on a 4wd set up cause it looks better than f1 wheels and it handles about the same, but if you were to get a fr, mr, or rr set up definitely go for f1's no matter how stupid the cars gonna look :D

No, they are nowhere close to being the same, F1 tires have much more grip.

Originally posted by anthonysinatra
Hey, dont be dissing my choice of Castrol Tires...

Originally posted by Famine
I think the question was what the difference between the different tyres from the F1 cars... i.e. Is there any difference in lateral grip levels on the tyres from the P001 compared to the P002, F094/S, F094/H, F090/S, F688/S, F687/S and F686/M?

I can't answer this at the moment, but I may look into it... It's an interesting question.

p001 = f094/s :D

Famine is correct. If you look at the F094/S, it has the low-nose of the 1994 Williams-Renault FW16a Formula One car (which Ayrton Senna was killed in). But the Polyphony 001 has the high-nose style of the Benneton of that year.

After much debate at the 'Times, I think it was decided that the nose was probably from the 1995 McLaren...

Anyway... The body codes for the P001 and F094/S refer to the same part of the disc, hence there being no distinction made in mk's. Theoretically, all the parts could be in the same place on the disc, but differ significantly.

The P001 often turns in better laptimes than the F094/S, so it's not possible to state absolutely that they are the same car, or that the differences in appearance of the aerodynamics is not significant, or that the tyres are identical. Indeed, I don't think it can be conclusively proven OR disproven that the P001 and F094/S share tyres, unless you have a chipped PS2 and a copy of both region's games and THEN attach the tyres from the F1 car in that version of the game to the same car you've attached it to in the other version (and so on :D)

Originally posted by viper006962948
i was meening between the types of F1 tyres F090/s compaired to the F094/s, or the F094/h

thats the question of the thread, i dont know if your restating it, but thats what that guy wants to know too too, and what we are trying to figure out while waiting for famine to do a write up, :lol:

I'm doing a what-now? :D

Actually, I might... I've got a gap (not the shop) on Saturday... I'm still curiousified by the question :D

Back