Best Fighter Flight Sim ??

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 7 comments
United States
Everywhere
I've done a little checking around and not found anything that just really jumps out at me. I'm under the impression that the Microsoft Flight sims are about the best there are, and the figher ones are pretty spectacular. But do they have all the jets and such? Are they multiplayer? Can you have two or more humans on a team with some AI battling another team?

Basically are there any good fighter flight sims that offer similar game style that you get from a first person shooter? My boss and I each have the AC05 flight stick bundle and I'd like to "wow" him with a kick ass Windows game (he's a Mac head). Or hell, even a good Mac flight sim would be cool. I'm not picky at this point. And I have access to some of the best hardware on both sides of the fence.

The demo runs like ass on my computer and I have double the required specs on all aspects. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've even got the video settings dropped down to preset LOW.

Is there not anything like Ace Combat 05 but includes networked play?

?? The full game runs great on my system and even on my old Geforce 4 440MX it runs ok with the sttings down.

LoudMusic
The demo runs like ass on my computer and I have double the required specs on all aspects. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've even got the video settings dropped down to preset LOW.

Have you tried upgrading your video card drivers?

Is there not anything like Ace Combat 05 but includes networked play?

I wished. I would have painted the sky red with noobs' blood if there was online play with AC5.

The best modern combat flight sim right now is LOMAC. If you want some WWII action, pick up CFS3 or IL-2 Sturmovik.

Combat Flight Sim is pretty good. I've played it at a friend's house
I think you can play online. You can with FS2004, though I haven't tried it.

Yes, they do have Jets, or they should. Although, you might find more jets for FS2004, their are still many good add-ons for CFS.

If you do get CFS, try your hand at the Spitfire. You'll love it.

Back