Best German touring car??

  • Thread starter Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 24 comments
  • 9,413 views

OZZYGT

Premium
Messages
3,766
United States
NYC
Messages
OZZYGT
I need some help here guys, i'm going to start training in Nurburgring for the last mission, wich I hear is a pain in the exhaust pipe (the only one that i'm missing):nervous: and I heard some rumors that to pass that test on fewer tries, you have to practice with your favorite cars and then, practice with the SLR, so I want to use one german touring cars.

I already have the Mercedes CLK Touring car and the Opel Calibra. Is that enough? or should buy the Audi TT-R or the A4?? the Astra seems nice also...help please!!:scared:




Thanks....
 
I wouldn't practice with racing cars, cause they drive rather differently than the SLR. Why don't you just go for it, you have infinite tries?

EDIT: If you forgot to include some information in your post, you can still change it after you've written it. Just klick on the "EDIT"-button in the lower right corner of the specific post, and you can make any changes you like.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
i'm sorry I meant...the LAST MISSON..(34) no the license test
 
the Interceptor
I wouldn't practice with racing cars, cause they drive rather differently than the SLR. Why don't you just go for it, you have infinite tries?

Regards
the Interceptor


because I want to Ace the track first, i wanna learn it..the i will practice with the SLR...thanks anyway dude..👍
 
It definitely is an advantage to know the ring well, and if you have to opportunity to use the SLR, go for it. Please also pay attention to the second statement I added to my posting.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
i did...thanks..;)
 
I would recommend training with a stock SLR on S1 (or N2-N3) tyres. This car is quite special when it comes to driving, so training in another car will only make things harder. The S1 tyres will somewhat prepare you for the less than normal (S2 as it comes?) grip in the mission.
 
Not to be rude, but neither you guys answered the OP's question on what is the best DTM car.

I have no idea which one is best, because I have'nt driven all of them enough to know. If I had to guess I would say the Astra because you can put a stage four turbo in it and get 811 HP. (Which is the most of all the DTM cars.) Handling wise, the Astra is equal or maybe better than the others? I don't know exactly. However, I was impressed by its braking abilities.

The last thing I'll say is that all of the touring cars are superb and good luck on mission 34.
 
Hahaha! You are right, and I´m sorry! But the fact is that he´s better off training with the SLR...
OT, in my experience, the best DTM car is the Audi TT-R, very closely followed by the Merc CLK. This is without power addons though.
 
@[IKickPigeons]:

You're right, but reading the first post brings up that picking a touring car for practising for mission 34 wouldn't be the best way. So, it actually never had to be answered to give Mr.OzzyGT the appropriate advice.

If we meet at some restaurant, you ask me which Schnitzel is best, and I recommend the Bratwurst instead - would you still need to know which Schnitzel is best? :sly:

Regards
the Interceptor
 
good point Interceptor but thanks [IKickPigeons] for the info...so i guess the TT-R is better than the A4, i just like that car because it looks more intimidating than the TT-R
 
My favorite would be the Opel Astra Touring car. It has the mean looks with great power and in this case, its an FR which will help you more then the AWD models if your going to be moving on to the SLR which is FR.
 
the bmw touring car or the merc clk. they are both the same(ish) power and are both stable and easy to contol.
 
Ok so wait...the Abt TT-R '02 is a AWD?? or FR? I wanna make sure before I buy it...by the way i'm not using it to practice anymore..i just wanna add it to my collection.
 
This is a good question, "Mr. Ozzy GT." You can pick just about any of the DTM rides and come away a winner. I normally compare the performance of DTM cars to be comparable with Super GT/JGTC cars in the GT500 class. But as to which is the best model you can get, that's where a good question needs a great answer.

I've had success with the Abt Audi TT and the more recent Audi A4 DTM car. I would pick either one of these cars. If you want a little 4WD action, try winning the Alfa Romeo Touring car. This thing means business with its mean looks. You got those four tailpipes at the back which puts out massive backfire from those pipes. You can't go wrong with Mercedes-Benz and their 2000 DTM ride. It is a bit sad you don't get the more recent Mercedes-Benz models in GT4, but you know what you're getting with a Mercedes-Benz DTM Racer. Speaking of existing teams without recent cars in GT4, the Opel Astra DTM race car is a nice-handling machine. The more recent model Opel works with is the Vectra in DTM.

But again, I'd go with Audi. I would slightly recommend the Abt Audi TT-R over the Red Bull Audi A4. Both are quality machines just looking for some love. Will you give them a little love? If you do, they'll thank you for it with exceptional handling and good power. The Abt Audi TT-R is front/RWD.
 
JohnBM01
This is a good question, "Mr. Ozzy GT." You can pick just about any of the DTM rides and come away a winner. I normally compare the performance of DTM cars to be comparable with Super GT/JGTC cars in the GT500 class. But as to which is the best model you can get, that's where a good question needs a great answer.

I've had success with the Abt Audi TT and the more recent Audi A4 DTM car. I would pick either one of these cars. If you want a little 4WD action, try winning the Alfa Romeo Touring car. This thing means business with its mean looks. You got those four tailpipes at the back which puts out massive backfire from those pipes. You can't go wrong with Mercedes-Benz and their 2000 DTM ride. It is a bit sad you don't get the more recent Mercedes-Benz models in GT4, but you know what you're getting with a Mercedes-Benz DTM Racer. Speaking of existing teams without recent cars in GT4, the Opel Astra DTM race car is a nice-handling machine. The more recent model Opel works with is the Vectra in DTM.

But again, I'd go with Audi. I would slightly recommend the Abt Audi TT-R over the Red Bull Audi A4. Both are quality machines just looking for some love. Will you give them a little love? If you do, they'll thank you for it with exceptional handling and good power. The Abt Audi TT-R is front/RWD.


Thanks a lot John, you're the man 👍, but I think i'll buy 'em all..the TT-R, the A4 and the Astra, i don't know, i just think that they all are asking for some luv ;)
 
mad matty12
i need 2 know witch car to use for light wight race
Welcome, there. It isn't too good posting a random question into someone else's thread, but I'll try my test to give an answer.

We need a bit more info here. There are two different Lightweight championships, the Light Weight K Cup or the British Lightweight Series? For both you can find the answer by searching these forums or by looking in the Stickied threads and FAQs we have here.

Lastly, play a little atention to how you type. It's in the AUP.

AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.

Thanks! :)
 
the Interceptor and Team666,

I totally agree about how the OP should practice with the SLR rather than a DTM . I just know how annoying it is when questions don't get answered.

Like what others have said, the Abt Audi TT-R is totally awsome. It was the first DTM that I bought and I have actually put over 3000 miles on mine. You won't be dissapointed. Also, don't forget the BMW M3 GTR Race Car that you win from the 2nd to last race in the European Hall. It is also on par with the audi and is just as awsome. I have never driven the Mercedes Touring car before so I don't know what it's like. Although I would assume it's just as good as the Audi and BMW.

One car that I have recently enjoyed a lot is the Opel Astra car. I'm pretty sure it has the most horsepower out of the DTM cars at 811. It is also really solid at high speeds and brakes very well. I haven't done a full comparision with the Astra Vs. the Audi or BMW but i bet it's just as good.
 
Ok, I happen to have a few comparison times around the ring in a few different DTM/GT cars, mainly the Audis and the BMW TC and the BMW M3GTR. All cars are stock power, run at Nürburgring on R1 tyres.
Abt Audi TT-R: 6´58.383
Audi A4 DTM: 7´01.667
BMW M3 GTR racecar: 7´03.024
BMW 320i Touringcar (someone mensioned it): 7´53.325
The AWD Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Touringcar: 7´11.260
Decide yourself!
 
I chose the abt Audi TT-R just because I went to go race the DTM series and kept being beat by it, so I bought it. I like the NA upgrade insted of the turbo. Turbo lag=:yuck:
 
BMW M3 GTR racecar...why anything else? ok, fine, im bias, but its an amazing car and makes the times you need...
 
I personally prefer the 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II Touring Car - great handling, great sound and makes for a good race against the other DTMs - it may not be the quickest but that does not necessarily mean it is not the best.
 
This will give the DTM cars a little more credit... one year, DTM race cars entered the 24 Hours at the Nürburgring. It was a big Audi TT-R win, and I believe an Opel Astra got third overall that year. I want to say it's 2004, but I'm not sure.

So there's a little extra incentive if you want to use DTM race cars.
 
Whilst the M3 GTR is by far the best, I wouldn't describe it as a touring car, since it was built for GT racing. But then its not too dissimilar in power etc to te DTM cars... of which I think the Audi TT-R is the best -it is just a pleasure to drive. With a Stage 4 turbo on, I can lap the whole field except the other TT-R in the Midfield DTM race - the car is that good. The A4 is quick, but isn't such a pleasure to drive; the CLK slower but better handling. The Calibra induces a headache when driven, and the Alfa doesnt seem to have either power or handling - too much understeer from the 4WD set-up.
 
Back