Best Gr.3 Car on Stock Tune?

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
I've always been interested in one-make races, but with those I like to keep tuning prohibited so it's all about driver skill in the same machinery. Some of the Gr.3 cars have pretty bad stock tunes but others are manageable and even not bad at all. What do you guys think are the best stock Gr.3 cars?

I've always been interested in one-make races, but with those I like to keep tuning prohibited so it's all about driver skill in the same machinery. Some of the Gr.3 cars have pretty bad stock tunes but others are manageable and even not bad at all. What do you guys think are the best stock Gr.3 cars?

Interestingly enough I have been testing GR3 @ Nurb GP at present. All Stock and still a few more to test however I gotten through 10+ over 10 Laps and the biggest surprise was the Viper about 1.5+ sec quicker than the Hurrancan which was next. Biggest letdowns for me were the NSX & GT-R. Biggest surprise was the Supra GR. Still got the R8, M6, C6 Vette and the 458 plus a couple others but that's my present finds ATM

Last edited:
I did a lot of testing on Nordschleife, ds4, abs only, rh...

the ones i liked that where fun to drive and fast are:

- m6/m3
- c7
- viper
- mustang
- genesis
- f-type
- rc f '17
- atenza
- amg gt3'16/11
- lancer
- r.s.01
- wrx
- supra/ft-1

Last edited:
Interestingly enough I have been testing GR3 @ Nurb GP at present. All Stock and still a few more to test however I gotten through 10+ over 10 Laps and the biggest surprise was the Viper about 1.5+ sec quicker than the Hurrancan which was next. Biggest letdowns for me were the NSX & GT-R. Biggest surprise was the Supra GR. Still got the R8, M6, C6 Vette and the 458 plus a couple others but that's my present finds ATM
I ran a few cars around Nurb GP a couple of months back too.
The biggest surprise for me during those runs was the Atenza.
I assumed it would be rubbish but was right up the top of the list.

I spent a lot of time on the WRX on Gr.3 races, and only recently switched to the M6. I love the way the WRX handles but felt it lacking on acceleration at some circuits. That's where the M6 would come in handy.

Maybe not the best, but I think the 4C Gr.3 is right up there. The car's very light and easy to turn through corners. There is a slight hint of turn-in oversteer but it's nowhere near as crazy as the 458 or the NSX. Straight-line speed is average as far as I could tell from the weekly races I've done in it.

Thanks. I definitely wanna stick to cars with real world variants. It might be cool to use the Mercedes AMG GT. At the moment I plan on using the Gr.X Renault R.S.01 with RM tires. The grippier tires help to compensate for the understeer in stock tunes, and the Gr.X version is lighter so better all around. It just sucks for liveries lol

I ran a few cars around Nurb GP a couple of months back too.
The biggest surprise for me during those runs was the Atenza.
I assumed it would be rubbish but was right up the top of the list.

Agreed, while there was only a 2 sec difference between all that I have ran thus far bar the Viper 1:59:00-2:01:00 the Atenza was impressive can't deny that.

Thanks. I definitely wanna stick to cars with real world variants. It might be cool to use the Mercedes AMG GT. At the moment I plan on using the Gr.X Renault R.S.01 with RM tires. The grippier tires help to compensate for the understeer in stock tunes, and the Gr.X version is lighter so better all around. It just sucks for liveries lol

The RS01 could have slotted in behind the Viper in a high 1:58:00 just got out twiched a couple of times. There are some amazing liveries though out there by some of the games best if you search.

I think it's often a matter of which car is best suited to a particular track. The best default/stock-tune Gr.3 car for one track might not be the same best default/stock-tune Gr.3 car for a different track. Matching a car to a track is often a matter of the default/stock-tune's gearing, along with the engine layout/placement (front-engine or mid-engine).

True, but that will just have to take a back seat when doing one-make races. Everyone suffers the same so it's an even playing field, for the good AND the bad. Cream rises to the top :)

Since it's for a one make, what do you mean by "best"? Fastest ? Easy to drive ? Polyvalent ?

For ex, the Z4GT3 is terribly slow (compared to other Gr3), but the tune is correct, it's also easy to drive and it would be great in a one make serie. But I think only 3-4 Gr3 really have a bad stock tune

Yea, basically easiest to drive and doesn't cause too much understeer. I'll keep checking things out, but I tend to enjoy basing things off of real life racing series.

I think it's often a matter of which car is best suited to a particular track. The best default/stock-tune Gr.3 car for one track might not be the same best default/stock-tune Gr.3 car for a different track. Matching a car to a track is often a matter of the default/stock-tune's gearing, along with the engine layout/placement (front-engine or mid-engine).

Agreed, I used the Nurb GP as reference due to it being a track that has a bit of everything.

Fast , easy first contact , very all around , a real beast for any kind and level of drivers !

latest

So I decided to try the AMG for the first time yesterday, and oh man, I should've been using it this whole time!

Whereas my race pace at Sardegna B II on the M6 was in the low to mid 22s, it was on the mid to high 21s on the AMG.

Back