Best Gr3 cars for Spa and Sardegna?

• Thread starter Boxster
  • 19 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
To earn some decent credits I play Spa 1 hour and Sardegna 15 laps frequently.
Both are easy wins with Gr2 cars, but that is getting boring. With Gr3 cars you have few tuning options besides slapping a bigger turbo on, which hurts fuel consumption. You need to be able to do at least 20 minutes of Spa or 5 laps of Sardegna in one stint.
So what are some good Gr3 options for these two races? I own just a couple of Gr3 cars yet, so I can't try them all and don't want to buy something ineffective.

Last edited:
Subaru BRZ GT300 is great. It flies like Group 2 car.
Another thumbs up for the BRZ.

This is what I used.

For the 730PP even I changed thr gearing slightly. But for the normal evens, stock was fine.

Mclaren 650s, the gt3 version of that car drives like it's on rails. Maybe a little thirsty with fuel though.

Also damn good when tuned to 700PP

Love my Aston Martin's!! I'm currently using the DB9 Gr3. I just love running the Gulf livery (one of my all time favorites).

I am starting to take a dip in to Porsche as well. Some beautiful cars and some amazing liveries out there to put on them.

Both those Fors GT's probably put up fastest laps. BRZ is great too. Aston DB9 is probably as Gr.2 as it gets. Jag is great but the NA engine likes a bit more gas. Those are my go-to Gr.3's for that race. McLaren F1 Gr.3 is nice too but not everyone has it so I'm leaving it out.

4-stops work just fine for the record. Given the weather at Spa, that's really my target personally, for tire swaps alone.

It's possible to win on Sardegna with a Corvette without a tune. The car is so fast that it's possible to catch the Viper, even if you need to do 3 stops. No need to change the Fuel Map, just go as hard as you can.

Another good set of stock options are the BMW Z4, BMW M6, AMG GT and the AMG SLS. All of them can complete the race with 2 stops, so you will get 1st place when the Viper needs to do it's last pitstop. I don't recommend using FM with them. Just try to race as smooth as you can and you will win.
You can use Turbos on both BMWs, but I'm against it. What you gain in speed, you lose in fuel efficiency, so you will pit at the same lap as the Viper. Basically, it's the same strategy as if you were driving the Corvette: just go as fast as you can.

Good fuel efficiency cars, like the Renault R.S or Pegeout RCZ, have a hard time because they're way too slow compared to the Viper or the AMG GT, but, since their efficiency is so good, you can push them to a 1-stop race using FM6. It's a tight victory because you can't make mistakes. Unless you're playing in easy or normal, don't expect to pass the Viper while driving these cars. That AI Viper can reach 300 km/h at the end of both long straights, while the R.S/RCZ can only reach 260/270. It's hard, but it's fun!

The Subaru GT300 makes Sardegna easy. Don't even worry about pitstop strategy, just go for it and like you said, it's the same thing with any detuned GT500 cars.

As for Spa, I've tried this race with all my current Gr.3 and I really didn't had any difficulties. The AI, even on hard, is not good. They often forget to change to wet tires or they don't have enough fuel for the last laps. I honestly think you can bring your favorite Gr.3 car and just enjoy the race.

In all Gr.3 races I always use Racing Hards. Have yet to find a reason to race with RM or RS.

if you're looking to grind on easy/normal difficulty, any 730pp setup done by the lovely tuners on this forum is more than enough to demolish those races.

To earn some decent credits I play Spa 1 hour and Sardegna 15 laps frequently.
Both are easy wins with Gr2 cars, but that is getting boring. With Gr3 cars you have few tuning options besides slapping a bigger turbo on, which hurts fuel consumption. You need to be able to do at least 20 minutes of Spa or 5 laps of Sardegna in one stint.
So what are some good Gr3 options for these two races? I own just a couple of Gr3 cars yet, so I can't try them all and don't want to buy something ineffective.

R34 GTR GT500 is awesome for Spa

The Jaguar is for me one of the easiest cars to win Sardegna...the Hyundai is also a good choice for my style of driving.not the fastest on straights, but has very good handling and is very stable on any kind of track

It's possible to win on Sardegna with a Corvette without a tune. The car is so fast that it's possible to catch the Viper, even if you need to do 3 stops. No need to change the Fuel Map, just go as hard as you can.

Another good set of stock options are the BMW Z4, BMW M6, AMG GT and the AMG SLS. All of them can complete the race with 2 stops, so you will get 1st place when the Viper needs to do it's last pitstop. I don't recommend using FM with them. Just try to race as smooth as you can and you will win.
You can use Turbos on both BMWs, but I'm against it. What you gain in speed, you lose in fuel efficiency, so you will pit at the same lap as the Viper. Basically, it's the same strategy as if you were driving the Corvette: just go as fast as you can.

Good fuel efficiency cars, like the Renault R.S or Pegeout RCZ, have a hard time because they're way too slow compared to the Viper or the AMG GT, but, since their efficiency is so good, you can push them to a 1-stop race using FM6. It's a tight victory because you can't make mistakes. Unless you're playing in easy or normal, don't expect to pass the Viper while driving these cars. That AI Viper can reach 300 km/h at the end of both long straights, while the R.S/RCZ can only reach 260/270. It's hard, but it's fun!

The Subaru GT300 makes Sardegna easy. Don't even worry about pitstop strategy, just go for it and like you said, it's the same thing with any detuned GT500 cars.

As for Spa, I've tried this race with all my current Gr.3 and I really didn't had any difficulties. The AI, even on hard, is not good. They often forget to change to wet tires or they don't have enough fuel for the last laps. I honestly think you can bring your favorite Gr.3 car and just enjoy the race.

In all Gr.3 races I always use Racing Hards. Have yet to find a reason to race with RM or RS.

if you're looking to grind on easy/normal difficulty, any 730pp setup done by the lovely tuners on this forum is more than enough to demolish those races.
It's interesting how driving styles seem to be different from player to player...from the 3 Gr.3 BMW options, i would prefer the M3 over the two you would recommend on pretty much every track we have in the game...

911 rsr with a turbo is easy 1 stop win. M6 without any tuning is easy 1 stop win as well.
I tried the M6 my first couple of trials. Praiano tune if I remember correct. And he is a superstar!

I had though the feeling the the car was understeering. So I gave up, and thought I would try another car sometime later.

But I assume that maybe it was just that I did not knew the track. And maybe should just spend some time and learn the track.

Back