Best Handling?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orthux
  • 14 comments
  • 1,524 views
Messages
17
I'm looking for a car within the 100,000 - 800,000 range that has amazing handling, I've been looking at the Mercedes SLR Mclaren (I think that's right) and I'm really just in search for the best handling high performance car. Thanks for any suggestions :).
 
Any normally aspirated MR. Like a challenge? Pick up an NSX. Like to decimate the field? Grab a Ferrari Italia, Zonda, or Ford GT.
 
McLaren MP4-12C - amazing handling. Or a Ferrari, is the FXX in there? Not sure on cost.
 
The MP4 is sick... I haven't bought one yet, but I did drive it in a test and it really is a car I look forward to buying, tuning and setting up.

The F1 is out of your price point (I think it's I million even), but I would imagine that you can tune that to be equal to the Stealth version... I refuse to enter it in a race, but have ran several practice laps in it and can say the thing handles like a dream and is blindingly quick... Without adjusting the setup, it will get to 220 easily, but the thing that is so impressive is how quickly it can get there and how deep it will let you drive into a corner...then just explodes out of the corner without the back end really giving you a hard time at all.

I wasn't a big fan of the F1... but I can't wait to build my own F1 that I can actually tune, setup and enter into an event.
 
Scuderia, R8, Lotus Elise. Tbh you could get one of either then the Elise on top.
 
JB Motorsports the way you describe the F1 it sounds brilliant :P thing is I'm getting the stealth version of that soon (amazon are taking their time to give me the code it seems) I'm not sure if I should spend 1m+ buying the non-stealth version. It wouldn't feel right going online with the F1 stealth or in fact entering it into a race so I'm really confused with what I should do D:. Has anyone had any experience with the SLR Mclaren?
 
The 458 is a beast. Best car in my garage so far. Much better than the Gallardo and Corvette ZR-1.
 
Make sure you get the best racing tires. Makes a HUGE difference in the handling.
 
MP4 - 12C, nothing comes close to it
 
Yeah I already have an Italia and I love it, just looking for something new.
I'm really interested in the SLR Mclaren so if anyone has it please let me know how it performs.
 
I just bought the SLR yesterday, handles well, threw on some racing slicks and now I'm in love with it haha
 
I'm looking for a car within the 100,000 - 800,000 range that has amazing handling, I've been looking at the Mercedes SLR Mclaren (I think that's right) and I'm really just in search for the best handling high performance car. Thanks for any suggestions :).

Check the used lot for NSX race cars. I have the Raybrig NSX '00 and it's glued to the road. I picked it up for around 735k credits. I've seen the Mugen Loctite NSX '01 for around the same price and someone on the forum got one and said that it's great. Be forewarned, the race cars in that rage are probably going to be lacking in HP (even with a turbo on it, I'm under 700HP).
 
Back