Best "Home" Tuned Cars

England
In Front of GT4
I've only fairly recently got into tuning cars on GT4 having been a fanatic on GT2 especially modifying 1992 Supra Turbos, I had about 12!!!
I'd tuned an S2000 before, and an MR2 on GT4, but this past weekend I bought a second hand TVR Griffith and bought all top spec parts, spoiler, oil change...550BHP with only minimal understeer at times. Glorious car!!! So, as I hadn't sorted the European Hot Hatch championship i did the same with a Mk.IV Golf GTI, very similar effects.

Now I plan on doing the same with a lot of other cars to build a really awesome garage, I'll keep updating this thread with my progress, so whats the best car/cars you've ever tuned, not necessarily all the way, just to have made some changes?

oh ok...how would I go about putting it there?
You would have to ask a mod to move it (report your own original post with the request in it).

Or just re-post in that thread, and ask a mod to close this one.

That's a surprisingly difficult question to answer, mostly because of the difficulty of pinning down "best car" in GT4. Best car for winning races? Best car for garnering A-Spec points? Those two "bests" are almost diametrically opposed. That's not even getting into "best for offroad", "best for drag racing", "best for drifting", etc, etc.

Then we get into best car (to begin with) that one has ever made a modification to, however slight; so-so car that tuning has moved into the "best car" category, etc.

Now having said that, I'd say one car that responded very well to tuning was the '53 Corvette; in particular, replacing the awful two speed transmission with a more modern gearbox.

Back